I've always been a fan of margaritas, but these Frozen Mango Jalapeño Margaritas might just be my favorite flavor yet. Perfectly sweet & ripe mango is mixed with lime, tequila, and fresh jalapeños for a spicy kick to this frozen cocktail recipe!
Why you will love these mango margaritas
If you've been following SGTO for a while, you may notice I have a thing for tequila cocktails and especially LOVE frozen margaritas.
The first cocktail recipe to come to this blog was my easy & delicious Tequila Smash followed by my favorite Strawberry Rhubarb Margaritas. While all those cocktails are amazing, you will love this frozen margarita because it has something the others don't have- a spicy kick from jalapeños!
Any margarita can taste good with a little sweetness (mango) and some lime juice, but this cocktail brings in another level of flavors altogether with some spice. Plus, we add a chili salt rim to these frozen mango margaritas for a fun twist and amazing garnish!
How to make spicy mango margaritas
While you could go out and buy a margarita machine, I personally don't have space for one of those in my home. That's why I want to show you how to make an easy blended mango margarita recipe at home.
This cocktail recipe only contains 6 ingredients! (full amounts in the recipe card below)
- Fresh Mango
- Organic sugar
- Lime juice
Blend until smooth
Once you've gathered the ingredients dice up the mango and jalapeño and add it to a blender with the ice, sugar, and lime juice. For this recipe, I used my KitchenAid 400 Blender and I definitely recommend using a high-quality blender to make sure the cocktail actually gets smooth.
The result is a beautiful yellow color with tons of mango flavor and a bit of spice!
How to garnish mango jalapeño margaritas
While you can just add on a basic salt or sugar rim, I love to spice things up and make a chili-lime salt rim.
Here's what you need:
- 2 lime wedges
- Salt (about ¼ cup, I used ground Himalayan sea salt but a coarser salt like this gourmet cocktail salt would work even better)
- Chili powder (about ¼ tsp)
Mix the chili powder and salt together and place them on a plate. Then, take the lime wedge and rub it along the rim of your glass. Once it is coated, place it onto the plate with the salt and chili powder and rub around until enough sticks to the glass. For even more lime flavor, add some lime zest to the chili salt mixture.
After that, pour the jalapeño mango margaritas into glasses and garnish with additional lime wedges or slices of jalapeño peppers!
FAQ & Tips:
Since this recipe calls for fresh mango and ice, using frozen mango will lead to a much thicker cocktail. If you are using frozen mango, I'd recommend replacing 1 cup of ice with 1 cup of water to help the cocktail blend to the right consistency.
I prefer my frozen cocktails to be drinkable so if you prefer a thicker icy cocktail, frozen mango may actually be the way to go.
Yes, it is! There are two ways you can do this.
One, omit the jalapeños altogether and just make this a frozen mango margarita!
The second is you can remove the seeds and just add the bright green skin of the jalapeno to the blender. The seeds are where the majority of the spice lives, so not including them will lead to a more mild cocktail.
These jalapeño infused margaritas make the perfect pitcher cocktail! Seriously, make them in a blender and pour them into a pitcher to serve to guests at dinner. Plus, you can also just serve them straight from the blender!
I honestly love drinking these margaritas alongside my favorite Vegan Lentil Tacos or with a Black Bean Quinoa Burger for the perfect summer feast! While they make the perfect Cinco de Mayo cocktail, I also think they'd make a great addition to a Mother's Day Brunch or any girl's night in!
Since these margaritas are frozen, I don't recommend making them too far ahead of time. They truly are best if made right before serving so they are still frozen!
However, they really only take 15 minutes to prep and blend, so they are definitely a stress-free cocktail to make for a crowd.
I truly hope you love these easy and delicious Mango Jalapeño Margaritas! I don't know about you, but I am ALWAYS down for an entire recipe that can be made in a blender (just check out my Banana Blender Pancakes for proof). Enjoy this spicy mango cocktail!
More cocktail recipes you will love:
If you loved this recipe, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card. I always appreciate your feedback and support! You can also follow along on my Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Pinterest or sign up for our newsletter!
Mango Jalapeño Margaritas
- 3 ½-4 cups fresh mango diced, about 2 small mangos
- 2 Tbsp jalapeño diced, use less for a more mild cocktail or add more to garnish cocktails
- 3 cups ice
- ⅓-1/2 cup sugar or simple syrup
- 1 cup silver/blanco tequila
- ¼ cup lime juice more limes for topping cocktail
- First, dice up the mango and jalapeños.
- Then, add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve and garnish with additional lime wedges or a chili salt rim. Enjoy!
- To make a chili salt rim you need 2 lime wedges, salt (about ¼ cup, I used ground Himalayan sea salt but a coarser salt like this gourmet cocktail salt would work even better, and Chili powder (about ¼ tsp). Mix the chili powder and salt together and place it on a plate. Then, take the lime wedge and rub it along the rim of your glass. Once it is coated, place it onto the plate with the salt and chili powder and rub around until enough sticks to the glass.
- Separation will occur if margaritas are stored in the fridge.
- Margaritas are best made right before serving.