These sweet & spicy Frozen Mango Jalapeño Margaritas are the perfect mango cocktail. Perfectly sweet & ripe mango is mixed with lime, tequila, and fresh jalapeños for the best spicy 6-ingredient frozen margarita!
*Recipe shared February 2020 and updated May 2022*
If you've been following SGTO for a while, you may notice I have a thing for tequila cocktails and especially LOVE frozen margaritas.
The first cocktail recipe to come to this blog was my easy & delicious Tequila Smash followed by my favorite Strawberry Rhubarb Margaritas. While all those cocktails are amazing, you will love this frozen margarita because it has something the others don't have- a spicy kick from jalapeños!
How to make spicy mango margaritas
This easy blended mango margarita recipe takes just 15 minutes to make!
Cut up mango, jalapeño, & juice limes
This first step is really simple- dice up the mango to remove it from the skin/pit. Then, cut the Jalapeño into slices. At the same time, juice the limes as it's super important to use fresh lime juice in this spicy mango margarita!
Blend until smooth
Add the chopped mango, diced jalapeño, ice, sugar, and lime juice to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
The result is a beautiful mango cocktail that is thick, flavorful, & just a little bit spicy!
Garnish cocktails with a chili-lime salt rim
While you can just add on a basic salt or sugar rim, I love to spice things up and make a chili-lime salt rim.
Chili Lime Salt Rim Ingredients:
- 2 lime wedges
- Salt (about ¼ cup, I used ground Himalayan sea salt but a coarser salt like this gourmet cocktail salt would work even better)
- Chili powder (about ¼ tsp)
To make, mix the chili powder and salt together and place them on a plate. Then, take the lime wedge and rub it along the rim of your glass.
Once it is coated, place it onto the plate with the salt and chili powder and rub around until enough sticks to the glass. For even more lime flavor, add some lime zest to the chili salt mixture.
After that, pour the jalapeño mango margaritas into glasses and garnish with additional lime wedges or slices of jalapeño peppers!
FAQ & Tips:
Can I use frozen mango in this margarita?
Since this recipe calls for fresh mango and ice, using frozen mango will lead to a much thicker cocktail. If you are using frozen mango, I'd recommend replacing 1 cup of ice with 1 cup of water to help the cocktail blend to the right consistency.
I prefer my frozen cocktails to be drinkable so if you prefer a thicker icy cocktail, frozen mango may actually be the way to go.
Is it possible to make this mango margarita less spicy?
Yes- there are two ways to do this. One, omit the jalapeños altogether and just make this a frozen mango margarita!
The second is you can remove the seeds and just add the bright green skin of the jalapeno to the blender. The seeds are where the majority of the spice lives, so not including them will lead to a more mild cocktail.
How do I serve mango jalapeño margaritas?
These jalapeño infused margaritas make the perfect pitcher cocktail! Seriously, make them in a blender and pour them into a pitcher to serve to guests at dinner. Plus, you can also just serve them straight from the blender!
I honestly love drinking these mango margaritas alongside my favorite Vegan Lentil Tacos or with a Black Bean Quinoa Burger for the perfect summer feast! While they make the perfect Cinco de Mayo cocktail, I also think they'd make a great addition to a Mother's Day Brunch or any girl's night in!
Can I make frozen margaritas ahead of time?
Since these spicy mango margaritas are frozen, I don't recommend making them too far ahead of time. They truly are best if made right before serving so they are still frozen!
However, they really only take 15 minutes to prep and blend, so they are definitely a stress-free cocktail to make for a crowd.
I truly hope you love these easy and delicious Mango Jalapeño Margaritas! I don't know about you, but I am ALWAYS down for an entire recipe that can be made in a blender (just check out my Banana Blender Pancakes for proof). Enjoy this spicy mango cocktail!
More cocktail recipes you will love:
If you loved this recipe, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card. I always appreciate your feedback and support! You can also follow along on my Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Pinterest, or sign up for our newsletter!
Mango Jalapeño Margaritas
- 3 ½-4 cups fresh mango diced, about 2 small mangos
- 2 Tbsp jalapeño diced, use less for a more mild cocktail or add more to garnish cocktails
- ¼ cup lime juice more limes for topping cocktail
- 3 cups ice
- ⅓-1/2 cup sugar or simple syrup
- 6-8 ounces tequila
- First, dice up the mango and jalapeños. At the same time, juice the limes.
- Next, add the diced mango, diced jalapeño, lime juice, ice, sugar, and tequila to a blender. Blend until thick and smooth.
- Serve and garnish with additional lime wedges, jalapeño slices, or a chili salt rim. Enjoy!
- To make a chili salt rim you need 2 lime wedges, salt (about ¼ cup, I used ground Himalayan sea salt but a coarser salt like this gourmet cocktail salt would work even better, and Chili powder (about ¼ tsp). Mix the chili powder and salt together and place it on a plate. Then, take the lime wedge and rub it along the rim of your glass. Once it is coated, place it onto the plate with the salt and chili powder and rub around until enough sticks to the glass.
- Separation will occur if margaritas are stored in the fridge.
- Margaritas are best made right before serving.