You are going to love this easy Margarita Mocktail! This alcohol-free version of the classic margarita is just as delicious & refreshing as the original without the boozy kick.
While I love a classic margarita (or really any tequila-based drink), I've really been trying to cut down my alcohol intake these days.
That being said, I still find myself craving a fun tasty drink when I'm out or having friends over for dinner. Enter in- this virgin Margarita recipe!
With fresh citrus, zero proof tequila, & the perfect salt rim- this mock margarita tastes just like the classic!
- Orange & Lime Juice: Must be fresh!
- Agave: I love the flavor agave brings to this non-alcoholic margarita.
- you can swap out for simple syrup or even maple syrup.
- Club soda: While not "traditional" I find a little club soda gives this margarita the perfect finishing touch.
- Feel free to omit it or replace it with a lime or lemon seltzer!
- Salt: I used Kosher sea salt for the perfect mocktail rim!
How to make a virgin margarita
First, prep your cocktail rim by adding kosher salt and lime zest to a small plate.
Rub the rim of your cocktail glass with a lime wedge and then swirl the cut in the plate of salt & lime zest until coated.
Next, juice the orange and lime. Lime juice provides the tart and tangy base for the drink whereas orange juice provides a citrusy, slightly sweet flavor that's essential to any good margarita.
Next, add the agave to help balance out the acidity of the lime juice along with the zero proof tequila.
Mix everything together with a cocktail spoon.
Then, fill the glass with ice and top the margarita mocktail off with club soda or lime seltzer for a bubbly finish. Keep in mind, club soda can be salty, so if you don't like that seltzer is a better option.
If you want to get creative with your margarita mocktail, you can try experimenting with different flavors and ingredients.
Fresh muddled berries, like strawberries or raspberries, add a fun fruity twist. Blended mango is another great fruit to add to this mocktail.
Lastly, you can add spicy jalapeño or smoky chipotle for a hint of spice.
This Margarita mocktail is a great choice for anyone who wants to enjoy the taste of a classic margarita without alcohol. With its bright and citrusy flavor, it's sure to be a hit at your next summer gathering or Cinco de Mayo party. Enjoy!
More margarita recipes you will enjoy:
(just sub a zero-proof tequila alternative to make as mocktaisl!)
If you loved this recipe, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card. I always appreciate your feedback and support! You can also follow along on my Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Pinterest, or sign up for our newsletter!
- 1.5 ounces orange juice
- 1.5 ounces lime juice
- 1 ounce zero proof tequila
- 1 Tablespoon agave
- 1 ounce soda water or lime seltzer water
- 1 cup ice
- 2 lime wedges optional, as garnish
- First, juice your oranges and limes to get fresh juice.
- Add the fresh orange juice, fresh lime juice, tequila alternative, and agave to a cocktail glass and mix together with a cocktail spoon.
- Fill the glass up with ice and top with soda water or seltzer. Stir together again and then top with lime wedges. Enjoy!
- To make a salt & lime rim add 1 Tablespoon of kosher salt and zest of 1 lime to a small plate and mix together. Rub a lime wedge around the rim of a cocktail glass and twist around in the salt mixture until coated. Set aside for 1 minute so it sets.
- If you prefer not to have any fruit flesh in your cocktail, you can strain the juice before adding it to the glass.
- Keep in mind soda water can be salty, so if you don't like that seltzer will be a better option. You can also omit the bubbles completely to make this more like a true margarita.