If you love Shirley temples, you will be obsessed with this Dirty Shirley Cocktail! With just 5 simple ingredients, this alcoholic Shirley temple is truly the drink of Summer!
Funny enough, Dirty Shirley's used to be my go-to cocktail in college. It's so fun to see them become trendy again because, honestly, they're pretty amazing.
How to make a dirty shirley
This shirley temple cocktail couldn't be more simple to make. Fill a glass with ice, then add in the grenadine, vodka, soda water, and lime juice.
Stir together to mix and then top with fresh lime slices and maraschino cherries to serve!
FAQ & Tips:
Can I make this Shirley Temple cocktail a mocktail?
Of course, just omit the vodka for the perfect refreshing Shirley temple! It's honestly just as delicious.
What soda works best in a Dirty Shirley cocktail?
I prefer using Sprite for this cocktail, but 7-up or ginger ale are other great options to get the perfect sweet and fizzy flavor.
I can't wait for you to try this sweet & refreshing Dirty Shirley Drink! With just 5 ingredients, it's easy enough to whip up in 15 minutes or less for a great Summer cocktail. Enjoy!
More refreshing cocktail recipes you will love:
Dirty Shirley Cocktail
- 1 cup ice
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1-2 ounces grenadine add more for a sweeter cocktail
- 1 lime, juiced
- 8 ounces lemon lime soda I prefer sprite
- 6 maraschino cherries add more if desired
- fresh lime slices as garnish
- Add the ice to 2 cocktail glasses. Then, add in the vodka, grenadine, lime juice, and soda. Mix everything together with a cocktail stirrer.
- Garnish each cocktail with 2-3 lime slices and 3 marschino cherries. Then serve and enjoy!
- To make as a mocktail just omit the vodka.
- Cocktails are best enjoyed right after making and do not work as a make-ahead drink because the soda will go flat.