These refreshing Strawberry Lemon Mojitos are the ultimate Summer Cocktail! They are made with a homemade strawberry simple syrup, plenty of freshly squeezed lemon juice, muddled mint, and rum for a truly refreshing strawberry cocktail.
Summer is my absolute favorite time to create cocktail recipes with fresh fruit. You may have already tried my Blackberry Lemonade Mojitos or Mango Jalapeño Margaritas, but this Strawberry Lemon Mojito is bound to be a new favorite!
This recipe uses simple ingredients for a flavorful, perfectly sweet, and absolutely delicious Strawberry Rum Smash!
- Fresh strawberries
- Sugar (for simple syrup)
- Water (for simple syrup)
- Fresh mint
- Lemon juice (freshly squeezed): you can sub 1:1 for lime juice if you want a more traditional mojito recipe!
- Rum: I prefer white Rum, but use any brand you like. I have also made this cocktail with Gin for a Strawberry Gin Mojito that is really delicious!
- Sparking Water (I used Lemon La Croix)
- Crushed Ice (though any ice works)
How to make strawberry mint mojitos
Make the strawberry cocktail syrup
I like to make the simple syrup a day ahead of time to really concentrate the strawberry flavor. However, it really only needs to be made an hour before making the cocktails so it has enough time to chill in the fridge.
First, you're going to chop up strawberries, removing the green stems. Then, add the strawberries, sugar, and water to a saucepan and stir together.
Turn on the heat and bring to a simmer. All the sugar should dissolve and the mixture should simmer for about 5 minutes to really break down the strawberries. The simple syrup is done once the water turns a pink color.
After that, just pour into a container and store in the fridge for 1 hour-24 hour before making the cocktails. P.S- DO NOT strain the strawberries! I recommend keeping them in the cocktail for the best flavor.
Muddle the syrup & mint
Once you are ready to make the strawberry mojitos, start by adding 3 tablespoon of the strawberry simple syrup and about 4 torn mint leaves to a glass. Then muddle together using a muddler.
Add remaining mojito ingredients
After that, add in the sparkling water, fresh lemon juice, ice, and rum! I recommend adding the ice before you add the sparkling water as the ice makes it fizz. Otherwise, the order you add the ingredients it doesn't matter! Then, mix together with a spoon or stirrer.
P.S- since I know I'll get asked, these glasses are actually from Goodwill. Truly one of my favorite places to purchase cocktail glasses!
Garnish with strawberries and mint
While this step is totally optional, I like to garnish these strawberry mint mojitos with a fresh slice of strawberry and some mint to really bring the cocktail together. Then, sip & enjoy!
FAQ & Expert Tips:
My favorite rum for mojitos is always going to be white rum. Captain Morgan is a personal favorite of mine!
If you don't have a muddler, just use a long spoon and gently press down on the mint so it gets gently bruised. You can also use it to crush up the larger pieces of strawberries.
This recipe makes enough simple syrup for 4-5 cocktails depending on how much water evaporates when cooking.
If you have leftover simple syrup, it can be stored in a closed container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Since it has fresh strawberries in it, I don't recommend storing much longer than that for the best flavor.
I truly hope you love these refreshing & easy Strawberry Mojitos! They are one of my favorite cocktail recipes to make when having friends over and the recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to serve to a crowd. Enjoy!
More summer cocktail recipes you will love:
If you loved this recipe, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card. I always appreciate your feedback and support! You can also follow along on my Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Pinterest, or sign up for our newsletter!
Strawberry Simple Syrup
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
Cocktail Ingredients (Makes 4 Cocktails)
- ¾ cup strawberry simple syrup *made above
- 4 mint leaves torn/chopped
- 9 oz Rum or Gin for a twist
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 12 oz lemon sparkling water
- 2 cups crushed ice more or less as desired
- First, make the strawberry simple syrup. I like to make this the day before, but at the very least make the syrup 1 hour before making the cocktails.
- Chop up the strawberries and add them to a saucepan with the sugar and water. Mix together and bring everything to a simmer, stirring frequently. Cook at a simmer for about 5 minutes until the strawberries begin to break down and the syrup turns pink.
- Remove the simple syrup from the stove, let cool, and add to a closed container. Place the container in the fridge for at least 1 hour to chill and to continue infusing with the strawberries. Do not strain the strawberries out.
- Once the syrup has finished chilling, make the cocktails.
- To make one cocktail add 3 tablespoon of the strawberry simple syrup and 4 mint chopped mint leaves to a glass. Muddle together with a muddler. Then, fill the glass with ½ cup crushed ice, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 3 oz sparkling water, and 1.5 oz rum.
- Garnish each cocktail with an additional sliced strawberry or mint. Then, serve and enjoy!
- Strawberry Simple syrup can be stored in a closed container in the fridge up to 1 week. It is best enjoyed within 1-4 days of making.
- I recommend purchasing a Muddler & Jiggler Set to make this cocktail.