My favorite easy pancake recipe is these homemade Vegan Banana Blender Pancakes! There is seriously nothing better than waking up on a weekend morning, whipping up delicious homemade pancake batter, and serving warm pancakes topped with loads of maple syrup. Can’t wait for you to make these easy and refined sugar-free pancakes all weekend long!
How to make vegan banana pancakes in a blender
Here’s the thing- you don’t need sugar, milk, eggs, or even butter to have amazingly light and fluffy vegan banana pancakes. Last year, I made a recipe for Vegan Lemon Spelt Pancakes to test this theory out and was rewarded with delicious pancakes for breakfast for weeks. I’m happy to say that, after a few attempts, this recipe not only produces similar tasty results but is even easier to prepare. These banana pancakes use staples that I bet you already have in your home and the best part is- all you need is a blender and a great pan!
Important ingredients for banana pancakes
Every ingredient in this recipe is obviously important, but there are two ingredients I want to give a special shout out. Truth is, it’s really the bananas and maple syrup that make these pancakes go from good to great:
Part of the reason these pancakes need so little added sweetener is because of the bananas added into the batter. Plus, the bananas serve as an egg replacement to bind the pancake batter together during baking! I recommend using brown spotty bananas instead of greener bananas for the absolute best tasting pancakes. You can also easily replace the bananas in this recipe with pumpkin or even apricots if you want to try out a new flavor.
Really Good Maple Syrup!
Okay, so I have to be honest with you all and give some much-needed advice. Please please don’t skimp on the maple syrup you use in this recipe! I love Coombs Maple Syrup, Runamok Syrup (made in Vermont so you know it’s good), and even Kirkland Organic (seriously even though it’s Costco brand, it’s legit so delicious!). No Auth Jemima or other fake syrups allowed!
You can definitely top banana pancakes with maple syrup, however, here are a few additional toppings you absolutely need to try:
- Fresh Blueberries! Need I say more?
- Sliced Fresh Bananas or Caramelized Bananas. To caramelize bananas, simply add a little coconut oil to a pan and cook the bananas until crispy, flip, then cook the other side. This only takes an additional 5-10 minutes and is so worth it!
- Coconut Whipped Cream. Check out the recipe for these Vegan Funfetti Buns to find the perfect Vanilla Coconut Whipped Cream recipe!
- Vegan Lemon Curd (and only 5 ingredients!)
- Any flavor jam! I personally always gravitate towards raspberry jam on these pancakes, but apricot jam, blueberry jam, or even apple butter would be extra delicious!
The best vegan pancake recipe for brunch
While I was on my blogging break we seriously made these fluffy vegan banana pancakes every weekend we were home. I even substituted the banana with apricots while stone fruit was still in season. Taking some time away to enjoy slow mornings filled with homemade pancakes, a perfect Iced Mint Latte, and my favorite humans (and pup) brought me so much joy this summer. I hope these fluffy and delicious banana blender pancakes bring you a perfect slow weekend morning too!
If you are looking for more vegan brunch recipes, make sure to check these blog favorites out:Print
These light & fluffy Vegan Banana Pancakes are healthy, refined sugar-free, & easy enough to make in a blender. Top with homemade coconut whipped cream, bananas, blueberries, and a healthy dose of whipped cream for a delicious breakfast!
- 1 1/4 cup oat milk (*or other plant milk such as almond milk, soy milk, etc)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste/extract
- 1/2 cup sliced banana (*1 small banana)
- 2 Tbsp ground flax
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Add all of the pancakes ingredients into a blender. Then, blend for 3-5 minutes until a smooth batter has formed.
- Once the batter is ready, heat a cast-iron skillet or non-stick pan over medium heat. If necessary, add oil or butter to the pan so pancakes do not stick.
- Next, use a ladle or measuring cup to add around 1/4 cup of batter per pancake to the pan. Cook each pancake 3-4 minutes until small bubbles form on the surface of each pancake. Then, flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Continue cooking until all the batter is used.
- Serve the pancakes immediately and top with maple syrup, fresh berries, or the topping of your choice. Enjoy!
Keywords: healthy pancake recipes, banana pancakes, homemade vegan pancakes, how to make vegan pancakes, vegan banana pancakes, pancakes made in a blender, blender pancakes, best vegan banana pancakes, refined sugar-free pancakes, vegan brunch recipes