This easy Apple Cider Margarita combines apple cider and spiced apple butter with tequila for the best Fall cocktail! Truly the perfect Thanksgiving margarita.
One of the best parts of Fall is fresh apple cider! While you may see it mostly in desserts like my Vegan Apple Cider Donuts, it's actually just as amazing in cocktails.
- Apple Butter: For this cocktail, I used my homemade apple butter recipe. However, you can also use store-bought apple butter or even swap it out for pumpkin butter for a fun twist.
- Tequila: For this recipe, I used Milagro Reposado tequila. I recommend using a reposado tequila as it pairs perfectly with the sweet apple cider in this Fall margarita. You can also swap with mezcal for a smoky apple cider margarita.
- Cointreau: This is an orange-flavored triple-sec liqueur. Grand Marnier works as a substitute or you can use any orange liqueur.
How to make an apple cider margarita
Make the cinnamon sugar rim
First, mix the cinnamon and sugar in a shallow bowl. Then, take the lime wedge and run it along the rim of each cocktail glass to moisten it. You can also use an orange wedge or lemon wedge.
Dunk the cocktail glass rim into the bowl of cinnamon sugar and swirl it around until coated. Set aside for at least 2 minutes so the rim has time to harden before pouring in the cocktail.
Mix the cocktail
Add the apple cider, tequila, Cointreau, apple butter, and agave to a cocktail glass. Then, fill the cocktail glass with ice and add the lid.
P.S- the reason I added in apple butter is that it adds spiciness to this margarita while still making it cohesive when mixed! Just adding in dried spices led to floating bits that didn't taste that good!
Shake until the glass is frosted. Then, add ice to each cocktail glass and pour in the apple margarita mixture until both glasses are full.
As a final step, add any garnishes! This is totally optional, but I love serving these spiced cider margaritas with a cinnamon stick and apple slices.
I can't wait for you to try this delicious & refreshing Apple Cider Margarita! It makes the perfect Thanksgiving margarita or Christmas cocktail and is great to enjoy all Fall long. Enjoy!
More Fall cocktail recipes you will love:
If you loved this recipe, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card. I always appreciate your feedback and support! You can also follow along on my Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Pinterest, or sign up for our newsletter!
Apple Cider Margarita
Cinnamon Sugar Rim:
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 lime wedges
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- apple slices
Cinnamon Sugar Rim
- First, mix the cinnamon and sugar in a shallow bowl. Then, take the lime wedge and run it along the rim of each cocktail glass to moisten it. You can also use an orange wedge or lemon wedge.
- Dunk the cocktail glass rim into the bowl of cinnamon sugar and swirl it around until coated. Set aside for at least 2 minutes so the rim has time to harden before pouring in the cocktail.
Make the margaritas
- Add the apple cider, tequila, apple butter, agave, and Cointreau to a cocktail shaker. Then, fill the shaker to the top with ice.
- Add the lid and vigorously shake until the glass is frosted. Then, strain the cocktail into the two cinnamon sugar rimmed glasses.
- Serve with optional garnishes including cinnamon sticks and apple slices. Enjoy!
- Margaritas are best enjoyed served right away and do not store well as leftovers.