This refreshing Apple Cider Sangria is full of flavor thanks to a mix of fresh cosmic crisp apples, oranges, & pomegranates paired with smoky bourbon, white wine, & sweet maple syrup. It is truly the best Fall sangria with apple cider & makes a perfect Thanksgiving Sangria too!
If you've never tried a Cosmic Crisp apple before, the name kind of says it all. It's a super crisp apple with the perfect balance of tart & sweet flavor.
Believe it or not, they maintain their crisp bite & texture when soaked, making them the perfect apple for this Fall Sangria!
How to make apple cider sangria
Add liquids & fruit to a pitcher to soak
The first thing to do is add the apple cider, white wine, bourbon, maple syrup, sliced Cosmic Crisp apples, pomegranate, orange slices, and cinnamon to a large pitcher.
Then, stir, cover the pitcher, and place it in the fridge to soak for 1-3 hours (or up to 24 hours)
This time in the fridge allows the fruit to be infused with the flavors of the sangria, so don't skip it!
Add a cinnamon sugar rim to cocktail glasses
This step is completely optional, but it adds a nice touch to this apple cider sangria!
Mix ¼ cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Then, Mix ¼ cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
Next, take an orange wedge and run it along the rim of each cocktail glass to moisten it. Dip the cocktail rim into the bowl with the cinnamon sugar and swirl it around until coated.
Let the glasses sit for at least 2 minutes before adding liquids to the glass so the rim has time to dry and set.
Pour the sangria & top with sparkling water
Fill each cocktail glass with ice and then pour in the chilled sangria mix. If not enough fruit comes out when pouring, scoop out some of the soaked fruit and add it to each cocktail.
Then, top each glass off with sparkling water, stir, and serve!
I also love adding in a fresh cinnamon stick once the cocktail is mixed. Not only does this add even more cinnamon flavor to the cocktail, but it serves as a great stirrer too.
FAQ & Tips:
What white wine works best with apple sangria?
I personally love using Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio. I recommend sticking with a semi-dry or dry white wine vs. a super sweet wine.
Can I double this Fall sangria recipe?
Yes, all you need to do is double all the ingredients. Just make sure you have a pitcher that is large enough or use two pitchers.
Can I prep this sangria ahead of time?
Definitely! While I recommend soaking the sangria for 1-3 hours, you can soak the fruit in the alcohol for 24 hours before serving. Just make sure to cover the pitcher so everything stays fresh.
Please note: If you don't want the cocktail to have a strong cinnamon flavor, just make sure to only add the cinnamon stick for 1-3 hours of the total soaking time.
How do I store leftover sangria?
If no sparkling water has been added, the sangria mix can be stored in a closed container or closed pitcher in the fridge for about 24-48 hours. After that, I find the wine doesn't taste as good.
Just make sure only to add the sparkling water and ice RIGHT before serving for the best flavor.
I truly hope you all love this crisp & refreshing Apple Cider Sangria. It's full of flavor and truly highlights one of the best all the best flavors of Fall!
More Fall & Winter cocktail recipes you will love:
If you loved this recipe, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card. I always appreciate your feedback and support! You can also follow along on my Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Pinterest, or sign up for our newsletter!
Apple Cider Sangria
Apple Cider Sangria
- 2 cups apple cider
- 375 ml white wine ½ bottle white wine
- 1.5 ounces bourbon
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 Cosmic Crisp Apple sliced
- 4 orange slices
- 1 cinnamon stick extra as cocktail garnish
- 1 cup sparkling water ¼ cup per cocktail
- ice cubes for serving cocktail
Cinnamon Sugar Rim
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 orange wedge
- Add the apple cider, white wine, bourbon, and maple syrup to a large pitcher and whisk together to combine.
- Then, add the pomegranate, apple slices, orange slices, and cinnamon stick to the pitcher. Stir together until well mixed.
- Cover the pitcher with a lid or plastic wrap and let soak in the fridge for 1-3 hours or up to 24 hours. This step infuses the fruit and adds a lot of flavor to the cocktail, so don't skip it.
- Right before serving add the cinnamon sugar rim to each cocktail glass.
- First, add the sugar and cinnamon to a shallow bowl and mix them together. Then, take the orange wedge and run it along the rim of each cocktail glass to moisten. Dunk the cocktail glass rim into the bowl of cinnamon sugar and swirl it around until coated. Set aside for at least 2 minutes so the rim has time to harden.
- Add ice to each cocktail glass and take the sangria mix out of the fridge. Then, pour it into each cocktail glass. If some of the fruit gets stuck in the pitcher, just scoop it into each glass.
- Top each cocktail off with ¼ cup of sparkling water, then stir to combine. Garnish with a cinnamon stick or dried orange slices & serve!
- While I recommend soaking the sangria for 1-3 hours, you can soak the fruit in the alcohol for 24 hours before serving. Just make sure to cover the pitcher so everything stays fresh.
- Please note: If you don't want the cocktail to have a strong cinnamon flavor, just make sure to only add the cinnamon stick for 1-3 hours of the total soaking time.
- If no sparkling water has been added, the sangria mix can be stored in a closed container or closed pitcher in the fridge for about 24-48 hours. After that, I find the wine doesn't taste as good. Just make sure only to add the sparkling water and ice RIGHT before serving for the best flavor.
- To double this recipe just double all the ingredients and make sure you have a pitcher large enough.
Leave a Reply