This Lavender Lemon Drop Martini is easy to make, perfectly sweet, & so refreshing with just 4 simple ingredients required. If you've never tried a lemon lavender cocktail before, prepare to fall in love with the flavor after trying this drink!
Lemon & Lavender is quite possibly my favorite flavor combination. So far I've made it into a three layer Vegan Lemon Lavender Cake & my personal favorite, Baked Lemon Lavender Donuts. It was only a matter of time before I turned it into a delicious & tart lavender lemon vodka cocktail recipe too!
Ingredients & Tools:
Here's a quick look at the ingredients & tools you need to make this lemon lavender martini:
- Lemons (for real lemon juice)
- You must use real lemon juice for this cocktail.
- Dried Lavender
- To make the lavender simple syrup. Make sure it's edible dried lavender!
- Organic sugar
- I prefer vodka, but feel free to sub in gin if you'd prefer a lemon lavender gin drink instead!
- Cocktail shaker
- Citrus Juicer/Reamer
- Dried lemon slices (optional as a garnish)
How to make a lavender lemon drop cocktail
Make the lavender simple syrup
I actually like making the simple syrup a day in advance so it has time to chill in the fridge. However, you can definitely make it the same day you are making these drinks. It only takes about 10 minutes to make and requires just three ingredients!
First, add the sugar & water to a pan. Heat over low heat until all of the sugar has been dissolved and the mixture is beginning to simmer. Then, remove from the heat, add in the dried lavender and stir. Let the dried lavender steep in the hot syrup for about 10 minutes, then strain out dried lavender and use the simple syrup for the cocktail. It's really that easy!
The amount of lavender cocktail syrup you are making for this recipe is more than you need, so you can always cut it in half if needed. However, I highly suggest making the full amount & adding it to your morning coffee or tea too. It is SO delicious!
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker
Once the lavender simple syrup is ready, juice the lemons and fill up a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the lemon juice, simple syrup, and vodka. Then, close the cocktail shaker and vigorously shake until the shaker is cold and frosted. Then, strain the drink into two martini glasses.I found my martini glasses at goodwill (it's actually where I get most of my glasses!), but any martini glass will work.
Add cocktail garnish
I kept this cocktail super simple and added a dried lemon slice & small piece of dried lavender on top as a garnish. P.S I wrote a whole guide on How to Dry Citrus that will help you make dried lemon slices. You could also do a simple lemon sugar rim or serve this cocktail with a sprig of fresh lavender if it is in season.
With spring well on it's way, this Lavender Lemon Drop Martini is the perfect cocktail to sip outdoors and welcome in those warmer sunnier days. Enjoy!
Looking for more cocktail recipes? Check out these SGTO favorites!
Lavender Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp dried lavender
- Large cup of ice (to fill cocktail shaker)
- 3 oz fresh lemon juice
- 3 oz lavender simple syrup
- 3 oz vodka
- First, make the lavender simple syrup. Add the water and sugar to a pan and heat over low/medium heat, sitrring until all the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is beginning to bubble. Remove the sugar syrup from the heat, add in the dried lavender, and stir. Let the lavender steep in the syrup for about 10 minutes to infuse flavor, then strain the syrup to remove the dried lavender.
- Next, fill a cocktail shaker about ¾ full with ice. Then, add the fresh lemon juice, simple syrup, and vodka to the cocktail shaker.
- Secure the lid or shaker tin and shake vigorously until the shaker frosts up.
- Strain the cocktail into two chilled glasses and garnish with
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 21gProtein: 0g
ShortGirlTallOrder occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although shortgirltallorder.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.