These 8 ingredient Lemon Curd Overnight Oats are vegan, gluten-free, and packed the lemon flavor! Truly the perfect prep-ahead breakfast for lemon lovers.
- Lemon Curd: You can use store-bought lemon curd, although most are not vegan. I recommend using my homemade vegan lemon curd!
- Chia Seeds: Can be substituted 1:1 for ground flaxseed, though chia seeds truly taste best in overnight oats!
- Maple Syrup: Can be substituted 1:1 with agave or date syrup. If you're okay with this recipe not being vegan, honey also works.
How to make lemon overnight oats
Add all of the ingredients to a bowl including the rolled oats, chia seeds, soy milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix together until a thick batter forms.
Add a layer of oats to each container, followed by a layer of lemon curd, and top with a final layer of oats. Then, seal the containers and add them to the fridge to store overnight.
The next morning top the oats with more vegan lemon curd, blueberries, or any of your favorite toppings!
FAQ & Tips:
Do I need to make lemon curd for these oats?
No, but it does make them way more delicious! I used my vegan lemon curd recipe, but any flavor curd, vegan yogurt, or jam can work as a substitute. You can also omit it altogether if you want to.
How do I store lemon overnight oats?
Overnight Oats can be stored in their original container in the fridge for 3-4 days and are best enjoyed the day after they are made.
I can't wait for you to try these Vegan Lemon Curd Overnight Oats! They are packed with lemon flavor and truly the best way to celebrate citrus season. Enjoy!
More sweet vegan breakfast recipes you will love:
If you loved this recipe, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card. I always appreciate your feedback and support! You can also follow along on my Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Pinterest, or sign up for our newsletter!
Lemon Curd Overnight Oats
- Please note: The homemade vegan lemon curd is best made the day before making overnight oats.
- Add the oats and chia seeds to a mixing bowl and whisk together. Then, add in the soy milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, maple syrup, and vanilla and mix into a thick batter.
- Fill two jars up ⅓ of the way with the lemon overnight oats. Then, add 1-2 Tablespoons of lemon curd on top of the oats. Fill the jars with the remaining lemon overnight oat batter until full.
- Seal the jars and store in the fridge overnight. The next day, remove from the jars from the fridge, add toppings, and enjoy!
- Overnight Oats can be stored in their original container in the fridge for 3-4 days and are best enjoyed the day after they are made.
- Please read the blog post for substitution ideas.