This 30-minute Vegan Tahini Pasta salad is so easy to whip up as a tasty side dish. With a yogurt tahini sauce, freshly chopped veggies, and chickpeas it's the best oil-free & plant-based pasta salad recipe!
How to make tahini pasta salad
First, cook the pasta until al dente.
While the pasta is cooking, dice up the veggies including the cherry tomatoes, English cucumber, red peppers, and red onion. You'll also want to strain and rinse the cooked canned chickpeas at this time.
Next, make the yogurt tahini dressing. Finely chop the dill and then add the yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, dijon mustard, dill, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to a bowl. Whisk together to form a thick dressing that is creamy and oil-free!
Then, add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix them together. Enjoy this tahini pasta salad right away or cover and chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving!
FAQ & Tips:
Can I make this pasta salad gluten-free?
Definitely! All you need to do is use gluten-free pasta as the remaining ingredients in this dish are already gluten-free.
How do I store leftover pasta salad?
Tahini pasta salad is best stored in a closed container in the fridge and will keep for 3-5 days. This dish does not freeze well.
I can't wait for you to try this fresh Vegan Tahini Pasta Salad. It's fresh, filling, & packed with flavor for the best plant-based lunch recipe.
More vegetarian pasta recipes you will love:
If you loved this recipe, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card. I always appreciate your feedback and support! You can also follow along on my Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Pinterest, or sign up for our newsletter!
Vegan Tahini Pasta Salad
Pasta Salad Ingredients:
- 8 ounces dried pasta cooked until al dente
- 15 ounces canned chickpeas about 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- ½ large red pepper, diced
- ½ English cucumber, diced
- ½ large red onion, diced
Yogurt Tahini Dressing
- First, cook the pasta according to the package instructions. While it is cooking, chop the veggies including the cherry tomatoes, red pepper, cucumber, and red onion. Strain and rinse the canned chickpeas and finely chop the dill at this time as well.
- Next, make the yogurt tahini dressing. Add the chopped dill, vegan yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a bowl. Whisk to combine into a smooth and creamy dressing.
- Then, assemble the pasta salad. Add the cooked pasta, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, cucumber, red onion, and yogurt tahini dressing to a bowl. Then, mix until evenly coated.
- Serve right away or cover and chill for 1-2 hours before serving. Enjoy!
- Pasta salad is best stored in a closed container in the fridge and will keep for 3-5 days. This dish does not freeze well.
- To make this dish gluten-free, use gluten-free pasta noodles.