This Vegan Linguine Pasta Salad recipe is my ultimate BBQ go to featuring fresh heirloom tomatoes, celery, red onion, and a mix of delicious seeds & spices that make for a totally unique show stopper salad! The best part? It's even better the day after it's made which means it's the perfect pasta salad to prep ahead of time!
How to make a homemade salad supreme dressing:
This pasta salad was truly one of my biggest kitchen accomplishments! Why you might ask?
Basically, I took a favorite, yet processed, pasta salad recipe I've been eating for years and reverse-engineered it into the healthy vegan version you are seeing today.
The big difference is that my version is made without two products our family recipe relied on: McCormick Salad Supreme and Wish-Bone Robusto Italian Seasoning. After doing some ingredient digging I realized both these products are not vegan and have a lot of additives we can easily avoid by making our own homemade dressing.
So now onto the fun part- the actual recipe ingredients for this linguine pasta salad!
- Instead of soybean oil & distilled vinegar in the original Robusto dressing, I opted for a mix of olive oil, champagne/white vinegar, & apple cider vinegar instead.
- For the seasoning, I focused the ingredients around the spices on the McCormick salad supreme and experimented with various amounts of paprika, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, celery seeds, black pepper, red pepper, and garlic powder.
- Then all you need are some fresh cherry tomatoes, celery, and red onion to add some good crunch.
The best linguine pasta salad
It took a few tries, but the end result ended up being so shockingly like the pasta salad I remembered eating at every childhood Memorial day picnic... I was amazed!
I personally love this pasta salad cold and like it best the day after making it so all the flavors can soak into the vegetables and pasta noodles.
Once you buy all the ingredients, the prep for this linguine salad is super simple and this is truly an easy and unique pasta salad to throw together all summer long. I hope you enjoy it!
More Summer BBQ & picnic recipes you will love:
If you loved this recipe, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card. I always appreciate your feedback and support! You can also follow along on my Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Pinterest, or sign up for our newsletter!
Vegan Healthy Linguine Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces dried linguine use gluten-free to keep recipe gluten-free
- 1 ½ cups heirloom cherry tomatoes chopped in half
- ½ cup chopped red onion sliced into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped celery chopped into ¼ inch thick pieces
- Cook the linguine according to instructions. Once cooked, strain and place in the fridge to cool.
- While the linguine is cooking, chop the tomatoes, onions, and celery and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Once the veggies are chopped, add all of the dressing ingredients to a small bowl including the olive oil, champagne vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, paprika, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, salt, garlic powder, celery seeds, and black pepper. Whisk until thoroughly mixed and set aside.
- Take the cooked linguine and add it to the large bowl of vegetables. Mix together. Then, pour over the dressing and stir all the ingredients together until the noodles are evenly coated and the veggies are mixed throughout the pasta.
- Store in the fridge for at least 2 hours to chill and ideally overnight for the best results. Enjoy!