This flavorful, filling, & crunchy Vegan Cobb Salad with Yogurt Ranch Dressing is a truly delicious salad recipe! With crisp romaine, fresh veggies, crispy chickpeas, & mushroom bacon- it tastes just as good as the classic.
When it comes to homemade salads, the key is to have lots of toppings & a really delicious homemade dressing.
This is the same principle I followed when making my super popular Quinoa Arugula Chickpea Salad & Mediterranean Orzo Salad. Luckily, this advice holds true for this absolutely delicious Vegan Cobb Salad!
- The above photo does NOT include the ingredients for the dressing. Instead, check out my blog post on how to make yogurt ranch dressing for more detailed instructions.
How to make a vegan cobb salad
Make the crispy chickpeas & mushroom bacon
Thinly slice the mushrooms and add them to a baking tray with the chickpeas. Then, season with soy sauce, oil, and spices. Mix it all together and roast at 400F for about 30 minutes until the chickpeas and mushrooms get crispy.
Chop the fresh veggies
While the chickpeas and mushrooms are roasting, chop all the veggies including the romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and red onion. If using canned corn, you'll also want to strain and rinse it at this time.
Make the yogurt ranch dressing
As a final step, make the vegan ranch dressing! This dressing couldn't be easier to make as it just involves adding all of the ingredients to one bowl and whisking together until smooth.
Assemble the vegan cobb salad
Add the romaine lettuce first, then pile on the cherry tomatoes, red onion, avocado, corn, crispy chickpeas and mushrooms, and yogurt ranch dressing.
FAQ & Tips:
Can I make this salad with a different dressing?
Definitely! While I personally love using my homemade vegan ranch, you can totally use any store-bought dressing you prefer. A vegan ranch or even a vegan caesar dressing works great in this salad.
Alternatively, if you want an even lighter dressing you could use a mix of fresh lemon juice, olive oil, salt, & pepper.
What other veggies can I add to this veggie cobb salad?
If you're looking to add more veggies, finely chopped carrots, cucumbers, peppers, celery, or even pickled red onions make great additions.
How do I store salad ingredients?
To store this salad you'll ideally want to store all of the individual ingredients in separate containers. This will help them keep the longest and they should be able to keep in the fridge for 2-3 days in a closed container.
I also highly suggest only adding avocado when you are ready to serve as it can brown quickly.
If you have already put the dressing on the salad, it is truly best enjoyed within a few hours. Otherwise, the lettuce will get soggy.
I can't wait for you to try this crunchy & fresh Vegan Cobb Salad with the best creamy yogurt ranch dressing. It's truly a new lunchtime go-to and is full of healthy & filling ingredients. Enjoy!
More veggie-packed salad recipes you will love:
Vegan Cobb Salad
Crispy Chickpeas and Mushroom Bacon:
- 15 ounce can cooked chickpeas strained and rinsed, about 1 ½ cups of chickpeas
- 8 ounces mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 large romaine hearts chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 large avocado diced
- ½ medium red onion diced
- ½ cup cooked corn canned or fresh corn works best
- ⅔ cup yogurt ranch dressing about 1 batch
- First, make the crispy chickpeas and mushroom bacon. Preheat the oven to 400F and slice the mushrooms. Strain the can of chickpeas, rinse, and dry them completely before roasting.
- Next, add the chickpeas, sliced mushrooms, soy sauce, oil, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika to a baking sheet. Then, toss together until the mushrooms and chickpeas are completely coated in the seasoning.
- Arrange the mushrooms & chickpeas on the baking tray so they are not overlapping. Then, add the tray to the oven and bake for 30 minutes, flipping the mushrooms & chickpeas halfway through so they bake evenly. Once they are baked & crispy, remove and let cool before adding to the salad.
- While the chickpeas and mushrooms are baking, chop the veggies & make the dressing. First, chop the romaine hearts, slice the cherry tomatoes in half, dice the avocado into cubes, and finely dice the red onion. Set aside the veggies for later. If you are making the yogurt ranch dressing, you will also want to mix it together at this point.
- To make the salad, add the chopped romaine lettuce, sliced cherry tomatoes, diced avocado, diced red onion, and corn to a bowl. Then, top with the crispy chickpea & mushroom bacon mixture. As a final step, pour on the yogurt ranch dressing. Dig in & enjoy!
- This recipe makes 2 large salads that serve as a full meal. However, when served as a side dish, it can serve 3-4 people.
- If you are looking to add more veggies, cucumbers, peppers, and carrots all work great in this recipe.
- To store this salad you'll ideally want to store all of the individual ingredients in separate containers. This will help them keep the longest and they should be able to keep in the fridge for 2-3 days in a closed container.
- I also highly suggest only adding avocado when you are ready to serve as it can brown quickly.
- If you have already put the dressing on the salad, it is truly best enjoyed within a few hours. Otherwise, the lettuce will get soggy.
Leave a Reply