It's that time of the year where Holiday gatherings are starting to commence by the dozen. There's piles of food, tons of family to catch up with, and let's be honest... plenty of cocktails too! The perfect mix of fresh seasonal pomegranates, tart lemons, and a light and refreshing rosé make this Pomegranate and Lemon Rosé Spritzer amazing!
The best part of this cocktail is just how easy it is to put together.
All you need is rosé, lemon-flavored sparkling water, fresh lemons, fresh pomegranate, and some sugar to make homemade simple syrup.
If you want a sweeter drink, you can also double the amount of simple syrup used in this recipe as I made the recipe so this spritzer is just slightly sweet. To make a homemade simple syrup simply mix 1 part sugar to 1 part water in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Stir until all the sugar has dissolved then remove from the heat and let cool before using.
Fresh Pomegranate Juice is Best For this Spritzer
Also, if you can't find pomegranate juice at your store, you can easily make some at home (and in fact I highly recommend it!). Simply take the seeds from a pomegranate and grind them in a bowl to release the juice. Then, strain to remove the seeds. T
his is the exact method I followed for this recipe so that I could have a fresh pomegranate cocktail! However, if that's not an option a store-bought (unsweetened) pomegranate juice also works.
This drink pairs well with all the heavier and comforting dishes on the table this fall like these Vegan Caramelized Mashed Potatoes. I hope you enjoy this light and refreshing Pomegranate and Lemon Rosé Spritzer!
Don't leave before checking out these other delicious SGTO cocktail recipes!
- 12 oz Rose wine (¾ cup)
- 4 Tbsp 100% pomegranate juice
- 3 Tbsp simple syrup
- 8 oz lemon sparkling water (½ cup)
- 2 Tbsp fresh pomegranate seeds
- handful ice cubes
- 4 slices fresh lemon
- Take out two 12 oz glasses. Pour 3 oz of rose, 2 Tbsp of pomegranate juice, 1.5 Tbsp simple syrup, 1 Tbsp of pomegranate seeds, and a handful of ice cubes to each glass and stir to mix.
- Last, pour 4 oz of lemon sparkling water into each glass and stir again. Top each glass with 2 slices of fresh lemons and serve!
- To make heat 2 Tbsp water and 2 Tbsp sugar in a saucepan until dissolved and liquid is clear. Remove from heat and let cool. Simple syrup can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge in a closed container up to two weeks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 cocktail
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332 caloriesTotal Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 50.3gSugar: 41gProtein: .5g