I have a new obsession in my life and it is PAPAYA! If you’re also a fan of papaya, then you will love these Vegan Papaya Lime Popsicles! Not only is this vegan popsicle recipe creamy and filled with healthy coconut but it only contains only 7 ingredients needed. I can’t wait for you to try this easy popsicle recipe that is the perfect cold treat for Summer!
How to make lime coconut popsicles with fresh papaya
Making Vegan popsicles is not only easy, but it’s the perfect homemade treat to enjoy all summer long. So far I’ve made Vegan Rhubarb & Raspberry Popsicles and Vegan Cookie Cake Popsicles. These dairy-free fruit popsicles just might be my favorite!
Ingredients & tools to make vegan coconut popsicles
Here are the ingredients you need to make these creamy papaya lime popsicles!
- Tropical fruit like papaya & fresh limes. You can also easily replace the papaya in this recipe for mango, kiwi, or any other tropical fruit that pairs well with limes!
- A good blender to help puree the fruit and coconut milk!
- A popsicle mold. This is the one I use and it works perfectly and won’t break the bank! There are fancier options that work well too.
- While I like wooden popsicle sticks, any reusable stick will work just as well.
- Full-Fat Coconut Milk, preferably the canned kind! I prefer full-fat coconut milk in my popsicles as it makes them SO thick and creamy. If you only have low-fat coconut milk on hand it will still work. The more water in the milk, the easier it will freeze- but it will also be less creamy.
- Organic powdered sugar. This is definitely optional, but even just using a little sugar makes these popsicles taste amazing! If you’re trying to avoid refined sugar, you can use maple syrup to sweeten these lime popsicles.
Steps to make vegan popsicles
After getting your ingredients and tools together, this recipe has three easy steps. First, blend the papaya fruit and lime juice. Then, layer the blended fruit with layers of the sweetened lime coconut cream. As a final step, freeze the popsicles for at least 6 hours so they hold their shape.
How to store papaya lime coconut popsicles
The best way to store these vegan popsicles is between payers on parchment paper in a closed container. This way, they don’t stick together and don’t get freezer burn. Papaya lime popsicles can also be stored in the freezer for up to two months and still taste great!
The health benefits of eating papaya
Believe it or not, these papaya popsicles make a healthy vegan dessert! One of the main reason is because of the health benefits of papaya.
I am lucky enough to have access to papaya all year long living decently close to Hawaii where a lot of papaya is grown. Even so, the best time to enjoy papaya is during its peak season in Summer and Fall.
Papaya has a very distinct flavor with a smooth texture similar to a mango. Here are a few fun facts about papaya & why it should definitely be a part of your diet:
- Papaya is actually great for digestion, bloating, and gut health! In addition to the fiber in papaya itself, the seeds contain the enzyme papain which helps to break down proteins. I personally love blending the seeds into my smoothie bowls for extra nutrients!
- Just one papaya has over 100% of the daily requirement of Vitamin C. This makes it an amazing immune boosting fruit!
- The enzyme beta-carotene is what gives papaya its orange color. It also happens to be what gives carrots their orange color. Beta carotene is great for improving eyesight and preventing future disease of the eyes.
Papaya can be eaten so many ways to reap these wonderful benefits. I love eating it in fruit salads, adding it to my Acai Smoothie Bowls, or even blended into cocktails. However, my favorite way is definitely in these Vegan Papaya Lime Popsicles!
Who needs to go out and buy popsicles when you can make these easy homemade vegan popsicles in the comfort of your kitchen?! I know you will love these delicious and creamy Vegan Papaya Lime Popsicles all spring and summer long!
If you’re looking for more Vegan Summer Recipes, Check out these SGTO Favorites:Print
Coconut,papaya, and lime make these vegan popsicles healthy and delicious! Plus, they only contain 7 ingredients.
- 2 cups chopped fresh papaya (*it’s okay if the papaya is sticking out of the measuring cup)
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
Coconut Cream Layer
- 14 oz canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste/extract
- 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Start by adding all of the ingredients for the papaya layer to a blender including the fresh papaya, lime juice, and lime zest. Blend until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl add your coconut cream layer ingredients including coconut milk, lime juice, and vanilla bean and whisk until smooth. Then, slowly add in the powdered sugar and whisk to combine.
- Begin by adding 2 Tbsp of the coconut cream layer to each popsicle mold. Then, layer with 2-3 Tbsp of the papaya layer. Finish by topping each popsicle mold with coconut cream until filled.
- Add a popsicle stick to each popsicle mold and then add the filled molds to the freezer. Let the popsicles sit at least 6-12 hours in the freezer before removing. Run the mold under warm water to help remove the popsicles and Enjoy!
Papaya can be subbed for mango in this recipe for a fun twist
If your coconut milk is not freezing, it may be the brand of coconut cream or your freezer may not be cold enough. Try adding a little water to the milk next time if you are facing this problem!
Keywords: vegan popsicles, homemade popsicles, papaya popsicles, lime popsicles, best vegan popsicles, how to make homemade popsicles, fruit popsicles