As a vegetarian, you better believe this Roasted Vegetable & Rosemary Pasta with Parmesan is a go-to weeknight dinner for me! To introduce you to my love of pasta, I wanted to share one of the easiest and healthiest pasta dishes that is SO easy to make.
An Easy Weeknight Vegetarian Roasted Vegetable Pasta Dinner
This recipe actually started all the way back in college, when I was well…broke, and therefore, relatively uncreative with my food choices. This was my go to Sunday night dinner (basically the only night I cooked, I was NOTTT healthy in college) and became a great way to take any unused vegetables and make them into something delicious that I could eat for lunch during the week.
What really makes this dish so good is the addition of the roasted tomatoes and the rosemary- so whatever ingredients you have on hand to make this dish- just make sure to include those! Also, while I include Parmesan, this dish can easily be made Vegan by just omitting that.
- When cooking pasta, make sure to add in enough salt! This will make your pasta more flavorful. Though you will hear of people adding olive oil to their pot don’t do it!! Also, do not rinse your pasta after straining. Both of these moves remove the starch from pasta and make it more slippery so it has a hard time soaking and sticking to your sauce.
- Mash your tomatoes before eating them into the pasta to create a more complete sauce!
You can make this recipe with any pasta type of shape- but I prefer pasta in the castellene shape (mostly because it’s cute, and is a good sauce vehicle). Other good pasta types for this could be Penne, Campanelle, or Fusili (basically something with some divots and some curves!)
Hope you enjoy this super simple pasta dish!
A delicious vegetarian pasta dish filled with cherry tomatoes, eggplant, mushrooms, zucchini, onion, arugula, and rosemary. Finish with parmesan cheese for an extra nutty kick!
- 1 12 oz package dried or fresh pasta
- 1 small carton cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 medium eggplant (or one small, cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 cup button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 small zucchini (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 large yellow onion (sliced and halved)
- 2 c fresh arugula
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 Tbsp olive/avocado oil
- grated parmesan cheese (*add as much or as little as you want!)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add pasta to a large bot and cook according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, add the chopped vegetables and cherry tomatoes to a large pan. Mix with olive oil, rosemary, pepper, and salt until vegetables are coated.
- Add the vegetables to oven and roast for 25-30 minutes. You will know the vegetables are ready when the tomatoes are starting to burst and the vegetables are soft, yet still a little chewy. At this point turn off the oven and turn on the broiler. Broil the vegetables an additional 5-8 minutes. This gives the tomatoes a nice blistered texture.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven. Plate your cooked & strained pasta and top with the roasted vegetables, arugula, and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Keywords: vegetarian pasta, roasted vegetable pasta, roasted vegetable rosemary pasta, vegetarian weeknight dinner recipe