Are you ready for the creamiest vegan truffle pasta dish filled with buttery and crispy sautéed mushrooms, truffle oil, a creamy sauce garlic sauce, and fresh thyme? If you said yes, then I can't wait for you to try this Creamy Vegan Truffle & Mushroom Pasta!
Creamy Vegan Truffle Pasta
There is just something SOOO comforting about creamy pasta dishes. Maybe it's because it reminds me of mac and cheese, which reminds me of childhood. Okay, okay let's be honest. My childhood was filled with some pretty yellow looking Kraft, or my personal favorite, the side of my Kids Cuisine dinner. Was anyone else obsessed with those? Only Me? I literally looked forward to nights my parents went out because it meant I could microwave my frozen meal that contained not only mac and cheese, but also corn, pudding, and chicken nuggets. How did those even cook at the same temperature??
Needless to say, my tastes have changed just a bit since childhood. Most revolutionary was one of the first times I had Truffle Mac and Cheese. I was in LOVE ( a common theme with me and food). I am not sure how you even describe the taste of truffles and how perfectly they mesh with cheese, but to me, truffle and cheese is the new peanut butter and jelly.
Vegan Truffle Cheese Sauce with Cashews
Though I have been a vegetarian for over 10 years now, it's been eye-opening to see how many amazing delicious recipes I can make without cheese or butter since I started eating vegan 80% of the time. However, I've also noticed how many overly processed vegan cheese options exist out there.
I've tried a ton of vegan cheese sauce recipes out there, but none were quite as decadent as what I was looking for to put in this creamy vegan truffle and mushroom pasta. So, true to form, I decided it was time to make my own creamy, mushroom-filled, vegan truffle cream sauce.
In order for this recipe to taste really extravagant, you are going to need some high-quality truffle oil and (ideally) some really awesome truffle salt. However, once you grab those essentials, this recipe is so simple! Plus, it actually tastes just as amazing for leftovers the next day!
Though I made this recipe using orecchiette pasta you can literally use any pasta in this recipe. I even like making it with my homemade vegan gnocchi! With crispy mushrooms, a creamy truffle sauce, and plenty of flavor- this Creamy Vegan Truffle Mushroom Pasta is soon to be a favorite vegan weeknight dinner!
I hope you enjoy!
If you're looking for more Vegan Dinner Ideas, check out these SGTO favorites:
- 16 oz dried pasta
- ¼ c nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp truffle oil
- 1 c cashews (covered in water & soaked for at least 2 hours)
- 1 tsp Truffle Salt (more or less to taste, normal salt is okay but less truffle flavor)
- 1 clove garlic
- ¾ c water
- 16 oz mushrooms (button or a mixed variety works great)
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter (or sub for oil)
- 1 tsp truffle oil
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (optional but adds a lot of flavor)
- salt to taste
- Before starting don't forget to soak your cashews for at least 2 hours, though around 6-8 is better!
- Cook your pasta according to instructions on the package. Once cooked, strain and set aside. While pasta is cooking, blend your soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, and truffle oil until a thick paste is formed. Once blended, add salt and water and blend until the paste turns into a thick, creamy sauce.
- Once your sauce is ready, add the vegan butter to a frying pan. Once the butter begins to sizzle, add in the mushrooms, lemon juice, and garlic powder and cook until there is no liquid and mushrooms are beginning to brown. At the end, add salt to your liking. Turn off the heat and top with fresh Thyme and 1 tsp truffle oil to coat.
- Add Mushrooms, Sauce, and Pasta to a serving dish and mix. Top with additional Fresh Thyme/Truffle Oil and Enjoy!
- Leftovers can be stored in a closed container in the fridge for 4-5 days or in the freezer up to 1 month.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 363mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 12g
ShortGirlTallOrder occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although shortgirltallorder.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.