If you are looking for a tasty and healthy breakfast option to keep you full and energized throughout the day, you need to try these 10-ingredient Carrot Cake Overnight Oats! Not only are these oats delicious, but they're also vegan, gluten-free, & incredibly easy to make.
I've been on a real overnight oat kick lately.
Carrots are an excellent source of fiber, vitamin A, and potassium, while oats are a great source of fiber, protein, and other essential nutrients. This combination makes these vegan carrot cake overnight oats a perfect breakfast option to keep you full & satisfied!
Ingredient & substitution notes:
- Oats: Rolled Oats truly work best for this recipe. Other oat varieties don't work as well for overnight oats as they tend to be too thick or need to be cooked.
- Carrots: Make sure to peel the carrot skins before grating the carrots for the best texture!
- Oat milk: Can be substituted 1:1 with any other plant-based milk such as almond milk or soy milk.
- Vegan cream cheese: I love the tangy flavor this gives these oats- and I truly believe it makes them taste just like carrot cake! However, it can be substituted for plain vegan yogurt for a similar taste.
- I used Violife cream cheese for this recipe, but also love Kite Hill!
- Vanilla bean paste: Can be substituted 1:1 with vanilla extract.
Steps to make carrot cake overnight oats
Make the carrot oat batter
First whisk together the dry ingredients including the oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt.
Then, add in the remaining ingredients including the oat milk, grated carrots, maple syrup, vegan cream cheese, and vanilla.
Mix into a thick batter. Make sure to mix in the cream cheese and get out any large clumps.
Add to jars & store overnight
Fill two small glass jars with the carrot oatmeal batter. Then, add a lid and place it in the fridge overnight or for at least 6 hours.
P.S.- these are the tulip weck jars I used for this recipe!
Add toppings & enjoy!
In the morning, add your favorite toppings such as vegan yogurt and crushed pecans. Then, enjoy this healthy & nutritious breakfast recipe!
FAQ & Tips:
Can I add raisins or walnuts to the batter?
Of course! I'm not a huge fan of either, so I didn't add them, but you can add a Tablespoon of raisins and a Tablespoon of walnuts to the oat batter if you would like.
If you're also not a fan of raisins, chopped dates or cranberries are other great additions to these oats! In place of walnuts, you can use chopped pecans or pepitas for a boost of healthy fats & protein.
How do I store carrot cake oats?
Overnight oats are best enjoyed the day after they are made. However, they will keep in the fridge for about 3 days and are best enjoyed within this time range.
I don't recommend freezing overnight oats.
I can't wait for you to try these delicious & easy Carrot Cake Overnight Oats! They are such a tasty breakfast option that you can prepare ahead of time and are a great way to incorporate an easy plant-based breakfast into your morning routine. Enjoy!
More overnight oat & healthy breakfast recipes you will love:
If you loved this recipe, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card. I always appreciate your feedback and support! You can also follow along on my Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Pinterest, or sign up for our newsletter!
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
Carrot Cake Overnight Oat Batter:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt no more than ⅛ teaspoon
- ¾-1 cup oat milk I use ¾ for thicker oats, but use up to 1 cup based on preference
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons vegan cream cheese or plain vegan yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- ¼ cup peeled & grated carrots
- plant-based yogurt
- shredded carrots
- chopped pecans
- Add the rolled oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt to a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Then, add in the remaining ingredients including the oat milk, maple syrup, vegan cream cheese (or yogurt), vanilla, and grated carrots. MIx into a thick batter, making sure to get out any large clumps of cream cheese.
- Pour the overnight oat batter into two glass jars, then seal and store in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- The next morning remove from the fridge, add any toppings you desire such as yogurt or crushed pecans, and enjoy cold!
- Please see the blog post for substitution notes & recipe tips.
- Overnight oats are best enjoyed the day after they are made. However, they will keep in the fridge for about 3 days and are best enjoyed within this time range.
- I don't recommend freezing overnight oats.
- I used these tulip weck jars for this recipe.