If you want to feel like you're eating dessert for breakfast, then you need to try these Birthday Cake Overnight Oats! These cake batter oats are packed with healthy ingredients like chia seeds & plant-based yogurt, but taste just like your favorite funfetti cake.
These birthday cake overnight oats are a healthier treat made with rainbow sprinkles and can even be enjoyed as a quick weekday breakfast!
Ingredient & substitution ideas:
- Sprinkles: Not all sprinkles are vegan, so just make sure to choose ones that are if you can!
- Yogurt: To keep these funfetti overnight oats vegan & dairy-free I used unsweetened vegan yogurt in this recipe, but using greek yogurt is another great option if you are okay with dairy.
- Almond Extract: This is totally optional and gives these oats more of a "sugar cookie" flavor. However, they taste just as good without it!
- Soy milk: Can be substituted 1:1 for any other plant-based milk like oat or almond milk.
- Chia seeds: Can be substituted 1:1 for ground flaxseed.
How to make birthday cake overnight oats
Mix all the ingredients in one bowl
Add the rolled oats, soy milk, vegan yogurt, chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla bean paste, and almond extract to a bowl and mix them together.
Then, add in the rainbow sprinkles and gently mix them in. Make sure not to overmix here or the color from the colors of the sprinkles may bleed into the batter and turn it a blue/green color.
Add to jars & store overnight
Add the cake batter oats to two jars and cover with a lid. I love using these weck jars, but really any container will work.
Then, store in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours until the oats soften and the chia seeds absorb the liquid.
Add toppings & enjoy!
To top these I used vegan whipped cream and more rainbow sprinkles.
How to store cake batter overnight oats:
Overnight oats can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days and are truly best the day after they are made.
They do not freeze well so I recommend enjoying them within this time frame.
I can't wait for you to try these easy & delicious Vegan Birthday Cake Overnight Oats as a fun snack or breakfast option. Enjoy!
More vegan overnight oat recipes you will love:
If you loved this recipe, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card. I always appreciate your feedback and support! You can also follow along on my Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Pinterest, or sign up for our newsletter!
Birthday Cake Overnight Oats
- Add the rolled oats, soy milk, vegan yogurt, maple syrup, chia seeds, vanilla bean paste, and almond extract to a large bowl and mix into a thick batter.
- Once mixed, add in the rainbow sprinkles and gently stir them in, making sure to not overmix so the colors do not bleed into the batter.
- Pour the overnight oat batter into two glass jars, then seal and store in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- The next morning remove from the fridge, add any toppings you desire, and enjoy cold!
- Please see the blog post for substitution ideas.
- Overnight oats can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days and are truly best the day after they are made.