I did a thing and made THE BEST VEGAN FUNFETTI SUGAR COOKIES EVER! Not to mention they happen to be super simple and only 7 ingredients.
*Blog post originally shared February 19,2018 and updated May 28,2019*
How to Make Easy Vegan Funfetti Sugar Cookies with Only 7 Ingredients
So what inspired these cookies? While browsing the internet for good vegan sugar cookie recipes, I honestly found a ton of really complicated recipes. This made me think no… there has to be something better and easier than this?!
Sugar cookies, and more specifically, funfetti cookies are meant to be fun, easy, and full of sugary goodness.So, I did a thing and made my own 7-ingredient vegan funfetti sugar cookie recipe to share with you all!
True Story: I’m Addicted to Rainbow Sprinkles
Now for a fun fact. Did you all know I am OBSESSED with rainbow sprinkles?!
This obsession started at an early age when I made my parents buy me a wholesale tub of sprinkles from an actual diner. Yes, I am not kidding. If you’re curious how large that was, take this Amazon 7 lb container here and then multiply it by about 3 times that. Anyways, after we got this tub I used to come home after school every day and pour myself a “snack” cup of sprinkles; YUM.
I am happy to say that while making these Vegan Funfetti Sugar Cookies I did not eat all the sprinkles because I guess I’m grown up? What can I say, I’m just a girl who loves rainbow-colored sugar!
Frequently Asked Questions about Vegan Sugar Cookies:
Since this is one of the most popular recipes on SGTO, I’ve added in some FAQ for you here. If you have any other questions, leave them in the comments below so I can add them to this section!
Why Cream the Butter and Sugar Together in Cookie Recipes?
Creaming the butter and sugar together helps to bring air into the dough and help the dough rise.
Why Do We Chill The Cookie Dough?
A Question I commonly get asked is why I chill the cookie dough in this recipe. Chilling the Cookie dough helps to control the spread of the cookies and allows the sugars to absorb some of the liquid in the dough. I personally think chilling your dough leads to chewier cookies and more flavorful ones! You only need to chill your dough for 1-2 hours to get these benefits.
Why Do We Add Flax Eggs to Vegan Cookies?
“Flax eggs ” aka 1 Tbsp of ground flax mixed with 3 Tbsp of water serve as an egg replacement in vegan cookie recipes. While they don’t add to the rise/structure of the cookies as eggs do, they work really well to help bind the cookie dough while also giving it moisture.
These Cookies are Perfectly Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. With only 7 ingredients and just a few hours of required refrigeration time, these cookies are sure to be an absolute win for any party!
I hope you love this Vegan Funfetti Sugar Cookie Recipe as much as I do!
-TSG (the sprinkle girl?)
If you are looking for other vegan cookie recipes, don’t forget to check these out:Print
The easiest vegan funfetti sugar cookies made with only 7 ingredients. Making delicious vegan cookies has never been more simple!
- 1 1/4 cup white cake/pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder ((double acting and aluminum free))
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1/2 cup salted vegan butter (room temp (I use Earth Balance or Miyoko’s))
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract/ Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 flax egg (*mix 1 tbsp ground flax+3 tbsp water to make)
- First, make the flax egg by adding your ground flax and water to a small bowl and setting aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Add your sugar and butter to a mixer and cream together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Then, add in the flax egg and vanilla extract. Beat all the wet ingredients together until evenly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, sift your flour and baking powder together. Once sifted, add this dry mixture to the mixing bowl containing your wet ingredients. Mix until a thick cookie batter is formed. Then, use a spatula or fork to gently mix in the rainbow sprinkles.
- Cover a baking sheet in parchment paper. Next, use a 1 Tbsp cookie scoop to form your cookie dough and drop onto the baking sheet. Make sure that each cookie is kept about 2 inches apart since they will spread while baking.
- Add your tray of cookies to the fridge and chill for 1-2 hours. This will make your cookies more flavorful and chewy once baked so I promise it is worth the wait!
- Remove the baking sheet of cookies from the fridge and preheat your oven to 350F. Bake for 14-17 minutes until light brown with soft centers. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes as the cookies will still be soft right out of the oven, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling. Once the cookies have cooled, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: vegan funfetti cookies, vegan sugar cookies, vegan cookies, best vegan cookies, 7 ingredient cookies, easy vegan cookies