Who out there is a fan of anything and everything chai flavored? To me, chai spices just smell and taste like the holidays in food form. Baking this granola will actually make your home smell better than any fall scented candle and is guaranteed to make you want to cuddle up on the couch with a large cup of coffee with a side of granola. Not only does this granola taste like the best of Fall, but it also is vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free as it’s sweetened only with maple syrup. So what are you waiting for?! It’s time to stock up on some spices and make this crunchy good Chai Spice & Pecan Granola!
How to Make Homemade Baked Chai Spice & Pecan Granola
So the trick with this granola is almost to cook it a little bit longer than you think.
First, you’re going to add all the dry ingredients to a 9*13″ pan (I prefer glass or ceramic so the granola doesn’t stick ).
The biggest investment for this recipe is buying all the spices! Luckily, I bake enough that I have all of these lying around. Here are links to the spices you truly can’t make this granola without Cardamom, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Cloves!
After the dry ingredients are mixed, you’re going to stir in the wet ingredients until every single pecan and oat cluster is coated.
Other than those two steps, the only other necessary step is to stir this granola halfway through baking to guarantee that all the clusters bake evenly.
While the granola will come out of the oven crispy, it’s best eaten after 20 minutes of cooling time to get to that absolute ideal consistency.
The Best Ways to Enjoy Your Homemade Granola for Breakfast
I personally love making this granola every other Sunday for the easiest meal prep hack! It makes quite a lot of granola (enough to feed me for about 2 weeks if eaten every morning), so it really is the perfect way to meal prep a healthy delicious breakfast or snack for the week.
My two favorite ways to eat this granola include on a smoothie bowl for breakfast or on top of a date filled with almond butter for a snack. YUM!
If I’m being totally honest, I am not above eating this granola straight out of the jar.
If you’re ready to stop buying ridiculously expensive packaged granola and make your own HEALTHIER version at home, this recipe is definitely for you!
Looking for More Vegan Breakfast Recipes? Check out These SGTO Favorites:Print
This delicious seasonal granola tastes like your favorite chai latte in granola form with a nutty pecan twist. It is gluten-free, refined sugar-free, vegan, and made with whole grain oats for a healthy breakfast treat!
- 2.5 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350F. In a 9*13 inch glass pan (or similar non stick pan) add all your dry ingredients including the gluten-free oats, pecans, salt, and spices. Stir to evenly mix.
- Next, add your wet ingredients to the pan including the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla bean paste, and lemon juice. Mix until the oats and pecans are evenly coated.
- Smooth the granola out so it is evenly dispersed in the pan. Please note it’s okay if your granola is layered!
- Add your granola to the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove, stir, and then bake for an additional 20-25 minutes until the oats are crispy and browned, but not burnt. It is important to stir half way through so the granola cooks evenly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before serving. Eat straight out of the jar or on top of yogurt or smoothie bowls. Granola will keep in a sealed container at room temperature up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!
Keywords: vegan chai granola, chai spice granola, gluten free chai spiced granola, healthy granola recipe, chai pecan granola, homemade granola with coconut oil, homemade vegan granola, best healthy granola