This simple vegan, gluten-free, and healthy 5 Ingredient Berry Protein Açai Bowl is truly the best homemade protein açai bowl! If you're looking for a healthy & nutritious breakfast that is packed with protein & antioxidants, this homemade mixed berry açai bowl will become one of your new favorites!
A homemade mixed berry açai bowl
What first compelled me to try an açai smoothie was all the health benefits. If you've never had açai before it tastes like a mixture of berries and chocolate. It is rich in antioxidants and also happens to be incredibly low in sugar for fruit.
It's actually the first thing I go for whenever I feel like I may be getting sick to give myself a powerful and delicious boost of vitamins & healthy fats.
While açai bowls can be relatively expensive to buy at a fancy juice shop, I love making them homemade so I can pack them with mixed berries, my favorite protein powder, and potassium-packed bananas!
- Açai pulp packet
- Mixed frozen berries
- Frozen or fresh bananas
- Plant-based milk
- Protein powder
For this recipe, I used Sambazon pulp packet as my açai base. I like to choose their unsweetened one for a healthier no-sugar-added option.
After that, this smoothie bowl recipe has lots of added fruit for flavor and natural sweetness. I used a mix of blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries for the mixed berries in this recipe, however, any berry works.
Also, I like to use fresh bananas to help this smoothie blend to the right consistency, but frozen also works.
For the plant-based milk, I used hemp milk because of the added protein! If you don't have hemp milk, any other milk-alternative works like oat milk, rice milk, almond milk, or cashew milk.
Last, add in a scoop of your favorite protein powder. I used Ora Organic Vanilla protein powder in this recipe, but truly any brand works!
How to make a berry protein açai bowl:
Once you've gathered all the ingredients, making an açai bowl is easy! Simply add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until super thick and smooth. It's really important to use mostly frozen ingredients to get a super thick smoothie bowl.
Topping ideas for a vegan smoothie bowl
First things first, I love topping my smoothie bowls with homemade granola. My Chai Spice Pecan Granola or Maple Almond Granola are both great choices that also happen to be vegan and gluten-free too!
After Granola comes all the fun extras. Some of my favorites are fresh blueberries, hemp seeds, dried mulberries, fresh banana slices, or cacao nibs. Check out my Cranberry Orange Smoothie Bowl for even more fun topping ideas.
I am truly a vegan smoothie bowl addict and I love that making them homemade is truly so easy. This Açai protein bowl with mixed berries is truly one of my favorites and I can't wait for you to try it for a nourishing breakfast recipe!
More healthy Vegan Breakfast Recipes you will love:
If you loved this recipe, please leave a 5-star review in the recipe card. I always appreciate your feedback and support! You can also follow along on my Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Pinterest or sign up for our newsletter!
Triple Berry Protein Açai Bowl
- 1 pulp packet açai I prefer Sambazon brand
- 1 small banana or ½ large
- ½ cup frozen mixed berries
- ¼ cup hemp milk or other milk alternative
- ½ scoop vanilla protein powder any brand- I prefer Ora Organic
- Add Acai and Frozen Berries to mixer first and blend.
- Next add in the rest of the ingredients including the fresh banana, hemp milk, and protein powder. If you are using any adaptogens, you can also add those in at this time.
- Blend until well mixed, then top with your favorite ingredients and enjoy!
- **For toppings I like to use dried mulberries, hemp seeds, flax seed, chia seeds, coconut shreds, almond butter, fresh blueberries, cacao nibs, banana slices, and bee pollen to name a few you can try**
- Açai bowls are best enjoyed the day they are made. You can store them in a closed container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks, but they will need to be slightly defrosted before eating as they will be very frozen. Alternatively, the frozen açai can also be added to a blender to make it smooth again vs. defrosting slightly.
- I love topping my smoothie bowls with my Chai Spice Pecan Granola or Maple Almond Granola.
- Other good toppings are fresh blueberries, hemp seeds, dried mulberries, fresh banana slices, or cacao nibs.