The other day my friend called me the “Acai Kween”. I’m not going to lie, all I could think was #lifegoals. We have our workout queens, our beauty queens, but no Acai queen? Well don’t worry, I will go ahead and scoop that title right up by making you the best Acai bowl I know of with this simple vegan, gluten-free, and healthy 5 Ingredient Triple Berry Protein Acai Bowl!
A Triple Berry Acai Bowl Made with Acai Puree
What first compelled me to acai smoothies were all the health benefits. Acai smoothie bowls were going through their first “it” phase of being the antioxidant-packed “superfruit”. Also, I felt completely down with anything topped with an overload of homemade granola goodness and fresh fruit…and wow did that purple bowl hit the spot!
The truth is, I’ve never seen an Acai berry outside of the frozen pulp I buy at the store. My experience with Acai has been through Trader Joes or Sambazon and their frozen pulp packets. These are truly amazing, but have you ever seen the work that goes into getting you this packet? It’s really insane! Seriously go check out Sambazon’s website to check it out. I suppose if you look at any food we get these days, it’s easy to be amazed by what goes into getting that product to the store since the closest most of us get to our food is the farmers market. Regardless, I am still in awe of the work it takes to take an Acai berry and turn it into the frozen pulp I use weekly.
Topping Ideas for Your Acai Smoothie Bowl
First things first, I love topping my acai bowls with homemade granola. My Chai Spice Pecan Granola or Maple Almond Granola are both great choices that also happen to be vegan and gluten-free too! After Granola comes all the fun extras. Some of my favorites are fresh blueberries, hemp seeds, dried mulberries, fresh banana slices, or cacao nibs.
When I was writing this post, I really wanted to have a good story to tell you about my first Acai smoothie bowl, but the funny thing is I literally can’t even remember it. I’ve been to so many places, had many back to back even twice in a day, that it’s all a blur. All I know is, this Triple Berry Acai Smoothie Bowl is still one of my favorites and I love that I can make it in the comfort of my home!
Looking for more Vegan Breakfast Recipes? Check out These SGTO Favorites!Print
The most simple and protein packed acai bowl recipe you can have on hand. This Acai bowl requires only 5 ingredients and is incredibly easy to whip up any morning.
- 1 pulp packet acai (( I prefer Sambazon brand))
- 1 small banana (( or 1/2 large))
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/4 cup vanilla hemp milk ((or other milk alternative))
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder ((any brand- I prefer Sun Warrior))
- Add Acai and Frozen Berries to mixer first and blend.
- Next add in the rest of the ingredients including the fresh banana, hemp milk, and protein powder. If you are using any adaptogens, you can also add those in at this time.
- Blend until well mixed, then top with your favorite ingredients and enjoy!
- **For toppings I like to use dried mulberries, hemp seeds, flax seed, chia seeds, coconut shreds, almond butter, fresh blueberries, cacao nibs, banana slices, and bee pollen to name a few you can try**
Keywords: vegan acai bowl, easy acai bowl, acai smoothie recipe, acai smoothie bowl recipe, how to make an acai bowl at home, healthy acai smoothie bowl