It’s about time I brought you a PEAR-fect dessert recipe that just happens to be VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE, & REFINED-SUGAR FREE! These healthier Baked Maple Cinnamon Stuffed Pears feature beautiful seasonal bosc pears and can be made with ONLY 8 INGREDIENTS. So what are you waiting for?! Time to use up those pears I know you have sitting in your fridge and go bake this vegan and gluten-free baked fruit dessert tonight!
How to Make Healthier Baked Maple Stuffed Pears
I like to think of these pears as a parfait…but ten times better. Like a parfait, these baked stuffed pears have multiple layers of flavor that keep getting better. On the bottom is the pear that gets baked until it is soft and easily pierceable with a knife. Then comes the Maple Cinnamon Granola. This is a mixture of gluten-free oats, cinnamon, maple syrup, salt, and vanilla. After that, you’ll definitely want to top the pears with some high-quality maple syrup.
As a final touch, I recommend topping these pears with some decadent vegan coconut whipped cream. I always follow Minimalist Baker’s tried and true recipe for coconut whipped cream. You can add a little maple syrup in place of powdered sugar to keep this refined-sugar free, though it won’t be as sweet. After adding that whipped cream, add a dash of extra cinnamon and drizzle of maple syrup as the final touch!
As I said, you have the layers and flavor of a parfait, but with zero of the guilt!
What Are The Best Baking Pears?
The type of pear you use in this recipe really does matter. For this recipe, you want to use pears that will hold their shape while baking. I 100% recommend bosc pears for this recipe since they are crisp and do not fall apart while baking. If you can’t find bosc pears, some other varieties that may work include anjou and concorde pears.
For reference, if you are making a sauce or say a Vegan Pear Pizza, you’ll want to use pears that fall apart and lose their crisp texture while baking such as bartlett pears. This is also the type of pear I’d recommend using to make for pear sauce or my Vegan Pear & Persimmon Crisp.
Ingredients I use to Baked Maple Stuffed Cinnamon Pears:
I always love to share the brands and tools I use to create my recipes, so check out these favorites of mine below!
- Some really darn good maple syrup, like Coombs Family Farms Maple Syrup.
- Delicious Organic Cinnamon & Nutmeg for that perfect kick of spice.
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oats for that perfect crispy stuffing.
- Coconut Cream to whip into the perfect topping!
- Heilala Vanilla Bean Paste . Extra also works!
- Chopped Pecans for that nutty crunch.
- Lastly.. the perfect dish to bake everything in!
Between these Vegan & Gluten-Free Baked Maple Cinnamon Stuffed Pears & my recent Vegan Blood Orange Olive Oil Cake, I am setting you all up to enjoy some good months of baking ahead. Let’s be honest, come May I know all you will want to do is make fresh salads, pretty popsicles, and fruit-filled cocktails. Until then, I’m going to keep the baking party going for all of us!
I hope you enjoy this healthier baked pear dessert!
Looking for more refined sugar-free dessert recipes? Check out these SGTO Favorites!Print
These vegan, gluten-free, & refined sugar-free Baked Maple Cinnamon Stuffed Pears made with ONLY 8 ingredients are the perfect healthier dessert!
- 2 bosc pears (halved)
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste/extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Slice your pears in half and scoop the seeds from the center to leave space for the filling. Cut off a tiny slice of the pear bottom so that the pears lie flat.
- Next, add your gluten-free oats, maple syrup, chopped pecans, vanilla, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Stuff the filling into the pears until you use all the stuffing. The stuffing will be piled high.
- Next, place the stuffed pears into a greased ceramic or glass baking dish of any size. Add to the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes until the pears are soft and the topping has crisped.
- Remove the stuffed pears from the tray and let cool. For an extra touch, top with vanilla coconut whipped cream or vegan ice cream with a dash of cinnamon. Enjoy!
*Pears will keep in a closed container in the fridge for 1-2 days, but are best enjoyed day of. If you are storing in the fridge, remove the whipped cream or do not put it on top as it will make the pears soggy faster.
Keywords: baked pears, baked stuffed pears, maple baked pears, pear dessert recipes, best pears for baking, baked pears with maple syrup