Are you craving cupcakes, but want to keep them vegan, dairy-free, & eggless? If so, this list of 15 of the BEST Vegan Cupcake recipes has you covered.
While we do have our basics covered here for vanilla and chocolate, this list is here to give you NEW and exciting cupcake flavors you haven't tried before.
What are vegan cupcakes made of?
Before we jump into the recipes, let's quickly go over the basic ingredients you need to make any vegan cupcake recipe:
- Flour (pastry or cake flour will give you the best cupcake, but All purpose works too)
- Baking powder & baking soda (since we aren't using eggs, these chemical leaveners are a KEY part of making vegan cupcakes fluffy)
- Salt (yes it 100% necessary and actually makes desserts sweeter!)
- Plant-based milk (any works as a 1:1 substitute)
- Oil or Vegan Butter (serves as the fat needed to keep this cupcakes moist)
- Sugar (make sure to use organic to keep it vegan!)
- Vegan butter & powdered sugar (for the frosting part of these recipes)
You may notice, there is no need for an egg replacement in there. That's because, believe it or not, most vegan cupcake recipes don't need an egg substitute if made correctly. How cool is that?!
All of these recipes do have slight variations and some require more ingredients than what is listed above. However, if you have the ingredients above, you are well on your way to being able to make many of the cupcakes below. Enjoy!
Enjoy these vegan cupcake recipes! When you're done, don't forget to check out the rest of our Vegan Desserts for even more ideas.