A few weeks ago I made these Vegan Funfetti Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches for a friends party and posted a quick picture on Instagram and well… you all totally died over them! Since I truly love you all I have now posted a separate recipe for these ice cream sandwiches on the blog!
How to make no bake vegan ice cream sandwiches
These funfetti cookie dough ice cream sandwiches are no-bake and So easy to make. Here are the simple steps to make these vegan ice cream sandwiches
One: Make the Vegan Funfetti Cookie Dough
The basics of this recipe already exist on my website as I used my Vegan Funfetti Cookie Dough recipe as the base. The biggest difference is I added in some vegan mini chocolate chips. Split the cookie dough in half and set aside.
P.S- The main difference is heat treating flour to make sure it safe to eat in this recipe. To heat treat flour, spread an even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350F for 5 minutes. Let it cool completely before adding it to your cookie dough. Super easy and keeps it safe!
Two: Line Your 8*8 Baking dish with Parchment Paper
This step is SUPER important. Why? If you don’t use parchment paper, you won’t be able to remove the vegan cookie dough ice cream sandwiches from the 8*8 baking pan. Make sure to press the parchment paper down flat and also let it stick out the sides of the pan so you can easily grab it when you need to remove the ice cream sandwiches.
Three: Add One Layer Of Cookie Dough & The Vegan Ice Cream
At this point, you will add 1/2 of the vegan funfetti cookie dough to the pan covered in parchment paper. Use your hands to press flat. Then, top with the softened ice cream. Also, make sure the ice cream is smooth and flat using a spatula.
What Vegan Ice Cream Should I use?
For this recipe, I used Coconut Bliss Vanilla Ice Cream, however, use whatever vegan ice cream brand you prefer! I really like this article that has a break down of all the best vegan ice cream brands and which ones to skip.
Four: Place Those Vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches Into The Freezer!
The ice cream will be too soft to add the top layer of cookie dough, so add the baking tray to the freezer for 15-20 minutes or until the ice cream is frozen solid again.
Five: Add The Second Layer of Vegan Funfetti Cookie Dough & Freeze
Use the Same Method as the first layer and press it flat with your hands. Make sure it is pressed into the ice cream so they stick together. Then, add back to the freezer for 15-20 minutes until frozen solid.
Six: Remove The Bars & Slice
Once the vegan ice cream sandwiches are frozen, remove them from the freezer. Use a very sharp knife to cut into 9 cookie sandwiches. Then top with more Vegan Rainbow Sprinkles and serve!
The BEST cookie dough ice cream sandwich for summer!
While I used vanilla ice cream for this recipe, you can use whatever your heart desires in-between these layers of cookie dough goodness. The best part? This recipe uses vegan cookie dough aka the raw funfetti cookie dough is completely edible! So what are you waiting for? Go out and make this absolutely addicting Vegan Funfetti Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches today!
Looking for More Vegan Recipes to enjoy on a hot day? Check out these Summertime Favorites:
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, heat treated*
- 1 cup salted vegan butter (room temperature, I use Earth Balance)
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste/extract
- 2 flax eggs (mix 2 Tbsp ground flax+ 6 tbsp water to make)
- 3/4 cup rainbow sprinkles (plus 1/4 cup more to top)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 cups vegan vanilla ice cream
- Before making the cookie dough, remove the ice cream from the freezer to soften. Also prepare the flax egg.
- In a standing mixer combine the flour, room temperature vegan butter, cane sugar, flax eggs, and vanilla extract and beat until a thick batter is formed. Next, fold in 1/2 cup of the rainbow sprinkles and all the chocolate chips.
- Line an 8*8 inch with parchment paper so that the parchment paper is hanging off the sides of the pan and completely covering the inside. Take half of the cookie dough and press it into the pan until completely flat. Top the layer of dough with the ice cream and smooth completely. Add to the freezer until the ice cream is completely firm again, about 15-20 minutes.
- Take the remaining dough and add on top of the ice cream using your hands or a spatula to flatten, making sure to not squish out the ice cream. Add back to the freezer for 15-20 more minutes until sandwiches are completely frozen. Sandwiches can also also be left in the freezer overnight and cut the next day.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and carefully lift the parchment from the pan. Use a large knife (ideally the length of cookies) to cut the cookie sandwiches into 9 even squares. Trim the edges of the outer slices if needed. Top the slices with the additional 1/4 cup of rainbow sprinkles and enjoy.
- To heat treat flour and make it safe to eat in cookie dough, spread an even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350F for 5 minutes. Let it cool completely before adding it to your cookie dough. The safest option is to buy heat-treated flour, so please eat at your own risk.
- Ice Cream Sandwiches will melt quickly at room temperature so serve immediately.
- This recipe can only be stored in the freezer. Individual cookie dough sandwiches will keep in a closed container between layers of parchment paper up to 1 month.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 431Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 2gSugar: 42gProtein: 6g
ShortGirlTallOrder occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although shortgirltallorder.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.