These easy Mediterranean Flatbreads are made with hummus, crisp veggies, arugula, & fresh dill on top of warm naan bread. They make the perfect vegan lunch or weeknight dinner that can be whipped up in 20 minutes or less!
If you loved my Tuscan Tomato Artichoke Salad or Mediterranean Orzo Salad, then these Mediterranean veggie flatbreads are going to be right up your alley!
Not only are these naan flatbreads quick to make, but the toppings store great as leftovers to enjoy throughout the week.
- Naan: For this recipe, you can use store-bought naan or my homemade vegan naan recipe. Either way, I recommend toasting the bread in a pan with a little vegan butter to warm it before adding the toppings.
- Hummus: I made my own artichoke hummus for this recipe, but you can swap it out for store-bought hummus. You can also use the edamame hummus recipe in my Edamame Hummus Wraps!
How to make Mediterranean flatbreads
Make the artichoke tomato topping
First, strain the canned artichokes to remove any excess liquid. Then, thinly slice the red onion and slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
Add the artichokes, red onion, cherry tomatoes, capers, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, & pepper to a bowl and mix together until coated. Set aside.
Heat the naan & add toppings
Add a little bit of vegan butter or olive oil to a pan and melt over medium heat. Then, add in the cooked naan and toast until warmed throughout.
Remove from the heat and top with hummus, arugula, the artichoke tomato topping, and fresh dill. While I didn't add it, a drizzle of vegan tzatziki or vegan pesto would also be amazing on this flatbread.
Then, serve and enjoy!
How do I store flatbread ingredients?
It's best to store the ingredients separately and assemble them when you are ready to enjoy them.
The artichoke tomato mixture can be stored in a closed container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Homemade naan can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
I can't wait for you to try these easy & delicious Mediterranean flatbreads. They make the best healthy vegan lunch or dinner and are so easy to whip up in just 20 minutes or less. Enjoy!
More easy lunch ideas you will love:
If you loved this recipe, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card. I always appreciate your feedback and support! You can also follow along on my Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Pinterest, or sign up for our newsletter!
Artichoke Tomato Topping:
- 7 ounces canned artichokes strained & rinsed, about ½ can
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- 1 Tablespoon capers
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 large vegan naan or flatbread
- 1 Tablespoon vegan butter or olive oil (for heating naan)
- ½ cup hummus
- ½ cup arugula
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill
- First, make the artichoke tomato topping. Strain and rinse the artichokes to remove excess water. Then, cut the cherry tomatoes in half and thinly slice the red onion.
- Add the artichokes, tomatoes, red onion, capers, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, & pepper to a bowl. Mix together until coated and set aside.
- Heat the naan in a pan as is or with a little vegan butter on each side to toast. Once warmed, move to a plate.
- Top eat naan flatbread with ¼ cup hummus, ¼ cup arugula, half of the tomato artichoke topping, and fresh dill. Then, serve & enjoy!
- For leftovers, it's best to store the arugula, hummus, artichoke tomato topping, and naan in separate containers and assemble them once you are ready to eat.
Leave a Reply