What’s better on New Year’s Eve than toasting a new year with a glass of Champagne? Well- glad you asked! The answer to your question is- boozy baked donuts! If there is anything I can get down with when saying goodbye to the past year, it is a boozy dessert recipe. I can’t wait for you all to make these delicious Vegan Champagne Donuts that make the absolute perfect New Year’s Eve Dessert!
How to make champagne donuts from scratch
This delicious champagne dessert is not only glitzy and festive, but these dairy-free & eggless donuts also happen to be easy to make at home.
Here are the general steps to make homemade donuts:
First, mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl. Then, add the wet ingredients (including the bubbly) to another bowl. Make sure the champagne is room temperature so it does not solidify your coconut oil while being mixed in.
Then, mix everything together until a smooth batter forms. The batter will be similar to a cake/cupcake batter!
Spoon the batter into a non-stick donut pan. Add to the oven and bake for 11-13 minutes.
Let the donuts cool to room temperature and make the champagne glaze by mixing your bubbly with powdered sugar. The, pour the champagne glaze on top and let sit until it hardens!
Ringing in 2019 with donuts & new goals for SGTO:
Looking into 2019, I feel nothing but excitement over what is to come for SGTO inside (and outside) the blog.
- I have gone from zero recipes to 49 and know 2019 will bring even more amazing vegan recipes!
- My 1-year blog anniversary happens in February!
- Blogging has allowed me to connect with many of you and start developing content that is aligned with the type of recipes you want more of in 2019.
- I have projects coming up with brands I truly admire and had once only dreamed of working with.
- My sister is getting married and I’m her MOH!
- And… I’m getting surgery on my foot (okay this is not exciting, but hopefully it leads to more fun summer adventures in 2019).
2018 was the year I got to connect with YOU! To everyone who has made a recipe and shared their creations with me- THANK YOU!! For those of you that have taken the time to read, comment, or like anything on this page- YOU ARE AMAZING! What this year has taught me is that if you feel a deep aching to try something new- go for it! It likely will turn out better than you ever imagined and you will meet people who share your passions along the way.
Actually, I’ve decided to say thank you the best way I know-how- with a recipe for sparkly baked vegan champagne donuts Yes, this recipe does have champagne in it and yes, it tastes as fabulous as it looks. Let’s be honest, we all need some carbs in one hand to offset that champagne flute in the other.
A festive champagne dessert
I can’t wait to ring this New Year in with good friends, delicious baked donuts, and tons of bubbly champagne! Enjoy these Vegan Champagne Donuts will all your friends and loved ones- and Happy New Year!
Looking for more festive vegan dessert recipes? Check out these SGTO favorites:Print
Boozy champagne donuts that are SO fluffy, flavorful, and perfect to celebrate any occasion!
- 1 cup cake/pastry flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking power
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup champagne (*room temperature)
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste/extract (*1:1 substitution for vanilla bean paste or extract)
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- 4 tsp champagne
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste/extract
- sparkle sprinkles (*optional but highly recommended)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together your pastry/cake flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk together and set aside for later.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together your champagne, applesauce, sugar, and vanilla bean paste/extract. Last, add in your melted coconut oil and whisk together. Make sure your ingredients are room temperature or your coconut oil will re-solidify.
- Immediately after adding in your coconut oil, add in the mixing bowl of dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and mix together until a thick batter is formed.
- Spray your donut pan with a cooking spray and then fill with the batter. Next, fill each donut circle up until 3/4 full, making sure not to cover the center hole with any batter.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until the donuts are beginning to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let rest in the pan for about 5 minutes. Then, flip the donut pan upside down so the donuts fall out onto a cooling rack.
- While the donuts are cooling, make your glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar with the 4 tsp champagne and 1 tsp vanilla bean paste/extract in a small bowl.
- Once cooled, dunk them into the glaze and then place back onto the cooling rack so the glaze can solidify. If you want, add sparkly sprinkles at this time as well. Once the glaze has set, serve and enjoy!
- Donuts are best enjoyed the day of. However, you can store them in the fridge and enjoy within 3-5 days. They can be stored in the fridge and will taste best after they are allowed to come to room temperature for the best texture. Not recommended to reheat.
Keywords: champagne donuts, champagne desserts, vegan donuts, vegan doughnuts