A few weeks ago I decided to make a recipe combining two of my favorite flavors- chocolate and mint! I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect bliss ball recipe to help me survive those 4 pm slumps, and you can bet these deliver on that energy-packed promise. Some of you may think peanut butter and chocolate are the ultimate duos, but mint and chocolate might just trump that epic combo in these vegan and gluten-free Thin Mint Bliss Balls!
While I used Ora Organic Chocolate Protein Powder to make this recipe, I put the approximate grams in the recipe below so that you can make these bliss balls with your protein powder of choice. Did I mention these also happen to be gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free?! Basically, healthy thin mint cookies. YES, please! Also, for a fun topping, you can roll your bliss balls in hemp seeds or drizzle with coconut butter before storing in the fridge.
Hope you all enjoy these fabulous snacks!
These thin mint bliss balls are the best gluten-free and vegan snack. Enjoy!
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 50 grams chocolate protein powder (*I used Ora Organic, but any brand will work)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (room temp)
- 2 medjool dates ((pits removed))
- 2 flax eggs ((2 Tbsp ground flax mixed with 6 Tbsp water left to sit for 5-10 mins))
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste/extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs (or mini chocolate chips)
- First make your flax eggs by adding 2 Tbsp ground flax and 6 Tbsp water to a small bowl. Let sit 5-10 minutes.
- Add all your ingredients except the cacao nibs/chocolate chips to a blender. Blend until combined into a thick mixture, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Once a thick mixture is formed, add in the cacao nibs/ mini chocolate chips and use a spatula or spoon to mix in.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into 14-16 balls that are about 2 inches in diameter and place onto a sheet pan or plate covered with parchment paper. Then, add to the fridge for at least 1 hour before eating. For an extra yummy treat, roll in hemp seeds or top with melted coconut butter before adding to the fridge!