Did you know you only need 3 ingredients to make the Best Sugared Cranberries? Not only are these sugared cranberries easy to make, but they are the perfect topping for Holiday cakes or as a garnish for a festive cocktail.
I've used sugared cranberries in so many recipes on SGTO, that I figured it was time I shared exactly how I make these gorgeous sparkling cranberries every December!
How to make sugared cranberries
First, add ½ cup sugar and ½ cup water to a saucepan. Stir together and cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture starts to bubble.
Remove the syrup from the heat and add in the fresh cranberries. Stir until they are completely coated but don't leave them in longer than 1-2 minutes or they could burst!
Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cranberries to a parchment-lined baking tray. Try your best to separate the cranberries as they are going to want to stick together.
Then, let them air dry for about 1 hour.
P.S.- don't throw out the leftover syrup! It makes the best simple syrup for holiday cocktails or even as a syrup to sweeten your morning coffee!
Add the remaining ¾ cup sugar to a large bowl of the container and roll the cranberries in the bowl, a few at a time, until coated.
Transfer the sugar-coated cranberries to a parchment-lined tray to allow them to finish drying. Then- enjoy!
How to store sugared cranberries
Frosted cranberries can be stored in a closed container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
I recommend storing them between layers of parchment paper so they last longer and don't stick together.
How to use sugared cranberries
They also would make this Vegan Bundt Cake the most beautiful & festive Holiday dessert!
I can't wait for you to try these easy Sugared Cranberries! With just 3 ingredients required, they are the perfect way to elevate all your Holiday desserts & drinks with minimal effort. Enjoy!
If you loved this recipe, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card. I always appreciate your feedback and support! You can also follow along on my Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Pinterest, or sign up for our newsletter!
Sugared Cranberries Recipe
- 1 ¼ cups sugar ½ cup for syrup, ¾ cup for rolling
- ½ cup water
- 3 cups fresh cranberries rinsed and dried
- To prep, rinse the cranberries and dry them completely. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Next, add ½ cup sugar and ½ cup water to a saucepan. Stir and cook over low heat until the sugar dissolves completely and the syrup starts bubbling.
- Remove the syrup from the heat and add in the cranberries. Stir them for about 1 minute with the syrup until coated. Make sure not to keep them in too long or they may burst open!
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the syrup-coated cranberries to the parchment-lined tray. Try to separate them as much as possible so they don't stick together. Then, let dry for about 1 hour.
- Add the remaining ¾ cup of sugar to a large bowl or container. Roll the cranberries in the bowl of sugar, a few at a time, until coated.
- Transfer the sugar-coated cranberries to a bowl of plate to continue drying. Then, enjoy!
- Cranberries can be stored in a closed container in the fridge for 2-3 days. After that, they risk becoming mushy. I recommend storing them between layers of parchment paper so they don't stick together.
- Any leftover syrup can be stored in a closed container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks and makes a great cocktail or coffee sweetener.
- You won't use the full ¾ sugar in the bowl when rolling the cranberries, but it is easier to roll the cranberries in a large amount of sugar. Feel free to adjust this to ½ cup if you prefer to use less sugar.