First make the flax eggs by adding 2 Tbsp ground flax and 6 Tbsp water to a small bowl. Let sit 5-10 minutes.
Add all your ingredients except the cacao nibs/chocolate chips to a food processor/blender. Blend until combined into a thick mixture, scraping down the sides as needed.
Once a thick mixture is formed, use a spatula or your hands to gently fold in the cacao nibs/ mini chocolate chips.
Using your hands, roll the dough into 10-12 large bliss balls that are about 2 inches in diameter and place onto a sheet pan or plate covered with parchment paper. For an extra delicious & protein-packed treat, roll the bliss balls in hemp seeds before adding to the fridge.
Bliss Balls can be eaten right away but are best enjoyed after sitting in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy!
- Bliss balls can be stored in a closed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer up to 1 month. I recommend storing between layers of parchment paper so they do not stick together.
- Coconut oil can be subbed for more cashew butter to make this recipe oil-free
- Medjool dates can be subbed with any dried fruit for this recipe, but keep in mind it will change the flavor of these bliss balls.
- Protein powder can be swapped for cacao powder for the same chocolate flavor
- Sub flax eggs 1:1 with chia eggs for similar results
Serving: 1bliss ball (1/12 recipe) | Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 188mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 7IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1mg