- Frozen pineapple works best, but if you can only find canned use 2 cups but add in about ½ cup ice cubes to make the smoothie thick.
- Medjool dates are best if soaked before use. They can also be substituted for 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup or ½ banana.
- Coconut milk can be subbed 1:1 with any plant-based milk, but it will change the flavor of this smoothie.
- To make this smoothie lighter/lower in calories replace plant-based milk with coconut water and omit the medjool dates.
- Smoothies are best enjoyed the day they are made. However, leftover smoothies can be stored in a closed container in the fridge for up to 24 hours. They just need to be stirred before eating.
- These are the pineapple glasses I used to serve this smoothie.
Serving: 116 oz smoothie | Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 168mg | Potassium: 559mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 62g | Vitamin A: 851IU | Vitamin C: 89mg | Calcium: 599mg | Iron: 4mg