A delicious healthier Vegan Tahini Banana Bread that is refined sugar-free and made with spelt flour. The perfect sweet breakfast or brunch recipe!
- 3 medium bananas (*ideally black or brown)
- 1/3 cup raw tahini (*make sure fresh and not dried out)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste/extract
- 1 1/4 cup spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2–3/4 cup chocolate chips (*optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Remove the peel from your bananas, add the banana flesh to a large mixing bowl, and mash until soft with some chunks.
- Next, add your liquid ingredients to the bowl containing the bananas including the tahini, maple syrup, coconut sugar, flax seed, almond milk, and vanilla bean paste/extract. Mix together until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift together your spelt flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the bowl of dry ingredients to the other bowl containing the wet ingredients and mix until a thick batter forms. If adding chocolate chips pour in about 1/2 cup and use a spatula to stir these into the batter as a final step.
- Grease a small loaf pan and then pour the batter into the pan. Use a spatula to smooth out the batter. If using chocolate chips sprinkle an additional 1/4 cup on top.
- Add the tahini banana bread to the oven and cook for 50-60 minutes until cooked throughout and browned on top. Remove from the oven and let cool. When ready to eat slice into 8 pieces and enjoy!
Keywords: banana bread, vegan banana bread, tahini banana bread, best vegan banana bread recipe, healthier banana bread, refined sugar-free banana bread, tahini desserts,