I have a new obsession in my life and it is PAPAYA! If you’re also a fan of papaya, then you know the only thing that makes it even more delicious is fresh lime juice on top. I took this flavor pair one step further and turned it into the most delicious vegan popsicle recipe. All it takes is some fresh papaya, lime juice, coconut cream, vanilla, and sugar to make these incredibly easy Vegan Papaya & Lime Popsicles!
Ready for some Papaya Popsicles: Jump to Recipe
The Benefits of Eating Papaya
If you’ve never had papaya, let me tell you, it is SO delicious! I am lucky enough to have access to papaya all year long living decently close to Hawaii where a lot of papaya is grown. Even so, the best time to enjoy papaya is during its peak season in Summer and Fall. Papaya has a very distinct flavor with a smooth texture similar to a mango. Here’s a few fun facts about papaya & why it should definitely be a part of your diet:
- Papaya is actually great for digestion, bloating, and gut health! In addition to the fiber in papaya itself, the seeds contain the enzyme papain which helps to break down proteins. I personally love blending the seeds into my smoothie bowls for extra nutrients!
- Just one papaya has over 100% of the daily requirement of Vitamin C. This makes it an amazing immune boosting fruit!
- The enzyme beta-carotene is what gives papaya its orange color. It also happens to be what gives carrots their orange color. Beta carotene is great for improving eyesight and preventing future disease of the eyes.
Papaya can be eaten so many ways to reap these wonderful benefits. I love eating it in fruit salads, smoothie bowls, or even muddled into cocktails. However, my favorite way is definitely in these Vegan Papaya and Lime Popsicles!
How to Make Any Vegan Popsicle
Making any vegan popsicle is truly easy. They make the perfect treat for any warm day. Lately, they have even been my favorite treat to enjoy by the fire and pretend that it’s summer. No judging me while I find little moments of happiness in this cold!
So, let’s get down to the basics. To make these popsicles, here’s what you will need:
- Tropical fruit like papaya & fresh limes. You can also easily replace the papaya in this recipe for mango, kiwi, or any other tropical fruit that pairs well with limes!
- A good blender. This will help you puree the fruit so it’s a nice smooth consistency for popsicle making.
- A popsicle mold. This is the one I use and it works perfectly and won’t break the bank!
- I like using Wooden Popsicle Sticks, but any reusable sticks will work just as well.
- Coconut Cream. I prefer coconut cream vs. coconut milk in my popsicles as it makes them SO thick and creamy. If you only have coconut milk on hand that is totally okay. Just expect your popsicles to be slightly less rich.
- Organic Powdered Sugar. This is definitely optional, but even just using a little sugar makes these popsicles taste amazing! If you’re trying to avoid refined sugar, you could definitely replace the sugar in this recipe with half the amount of maple syrup. Since there is no cooking involved, I don’t recommend using raw sugar as it won’t mix in well.
After getting your essentials together, this recipe is as easy as blending the fruit and lime juice, layering the blended fruit with layers of sweetened coconut cream, and freezing the popsicles for at least 6 hours so they hold their shape. The best part is these popsicles store amazingly in the freezer up to 2 months so they are a treat you can enjoy for many days to come!
Which reminds me, if you don’t eat all of these in a day the best way to store these popsicles is between payers on parchment paper in a closed container. This way, they don’t stick together!
I know you will love these delicious Vegan Papaya and Lime Popsicles all spring and summer long! While you’re at it, you may want to check out the recipe for these Vegan Rhubarb & Raspberry Popsicles or these Vegan Cookie Cake Popsicles to keep this popsicle party going. I’ll see you here next week where we’ll be sipping on a cold delicious cocktail. Cheers!