A delicious and moist orange blossom olive oil cake topped with cara cara orange glaze, pomegranate seeds, and fresh juicy figs. The perfect cake to bake for Fall!
- 3/4 cup almond milk (*or other milk alternative)
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp orange blossom water
- 1/4 cup cara cara orange juice (*strained so no flesh/pulp- other orange varieties also work)
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste/extract
- 2 cups cake/pastry flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Glaze & Toppings:
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp cara cara orange juice (*other orange varieties work)
- 1 cup fresh figs (*halved/quartered)
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease an 8 or 9-inch springform pan and set aside. If you do not have a springform pan, line a 8 or 9-inch pan with parchment paper on the bottom for easier removal.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together your almond milk, sugar, olive oil, orange juice, orange zest, orange blossom water, and vanilla bean paste/extract. Then, add the pastry flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the large mixing bowl. Mix until a smooth cake batter is formed.
- Pour the batter into the greased springform pan. Before putting the pan into the oven, tap the cake pan on the counter to release any large bubbles. Add to the oven and bake for 45 minutes-50 minutes until the cake is browned on top and cooked throughout.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- While the cake is cooling, make the glaze by adding the powdered sugar and orange juice to a small bowl and whisking until a thick smooth glaze forms. For a thinner glaze, add additional orange juice or even a little almond milk.
- Apply the glaze once the cake has reached room temperature so that it does not melt. Then, top with the fresh figs and pomegranate seeds. Slice into 8 even pieces and enjoy!