The best edamame hummus filled vegan veggie wraps! This recipe makes enough edamame hummus for about 4 large wraps or 8 medium sized wraps.
- 1 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame (fresh also okay, but then skip step on boiling)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 8–10 stems fresh cilantro (leaves only, discard stems)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or 1 clove garlic)
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
Filling (for Wraps)
- 8 medium wraps (or 4 large)
- 2 roma tomatoes (cut into thin slices)
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup sprouts (or microgreens)
- 2–3 large avocado (sliced)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion (about 1/2 red onion)
- 1/2 cup Shredded Carrots
- Begin by bringing a pot of water to boil. Once boiling, add in your frozen edamame and boil for 2-3 minutes. If using fresh edamame, skip the step of boiling. Strain the edamame, and then add to a blender or food processer. Blend for about 1 minute.
- After blending edamame, add in the rest of your ingredients including coconut milk, tahini, lemon juice, cilantro, and spices. Blend until smooth and creamy. You will likely have to scrape the sides down a few times to get a smooth consistency. Once blended, remove and serve or set aside for wraps.
How to Make Veggie Wraps:
- To make the wraps you are going to add 1 Tbsp of your edamame hummus down the middle of each medium wrap to start (double the amount of edamame for a large wrap). On top of the hummus layer, add in your wrap fillings of choice. For each wrap, add in about 1/4 sliced avocado, 1/4 roma tomato sliced, and a handful of shredded carrots, cabbage, red onions, and sprouts.
- Turn each wrap so the side with the fillings is closest to you. Roll your wraps from the side with the fillings in it over to the empty side, making sure to tuck the outer sides inwards as you go. Once this is done, eat each wrap whole or cut in half for lunch or cut them into pinwheels to serve to guests as an appetizer!
- Edamame Hummus can be stored in the fridge for 4-5 days in a closed container.
- To store ingredients for meal prep store the edamame hummus in one container and then sliced onions, carrots, and purple cabbage in another container. I recommend cutting the tomatoes and avocado the morning you plan to eat the wraps so they are fresh.
Keywords: vegan hummus wraps, edamame hummus wraps, healthy edamame hummus wraps, vegan wraps, hearty vegetarian wraps