A delicious and warming vegan curry made with eggplant, lentils, tomatoes, onions, & jalapeno. This homemade Vegan Eggplant Lentil curry is comforting & healthy too!
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1.5 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup dried red lentils
- 1 small jalapeno pepper (*finely minced)
- 1 medium onion (*diced)
- 3 large tomatoes (*chopped, campari or beefsteak tomatoes are best)
- 1 small eggplant ((or 1/2 large eggplant) *diced into small cubes)
- 2 cloves garlic (*finely minced)
- 14 oz canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp lime juice (*or the juice from 1 small lime)
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh cilantro (*optional, to top the curry)
- Add the oil to a large skillet pan or wok and heat. Once the oil is hot, add the curry powder and pan fry for 2 minutes to bring out the flavor in the curry powder.
- Next, add the dried lentils and chopped vegetables to the pan including the jalapeno, onion, tomato, eggplant, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Pan fry for 5 minutes until all the vegetables and lentils are coated in the curry powder.
- Add in the coconut milk and vegetable broth and bring the curry to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the lentils are cooked through, yet not mushy.
- Remove the curry from the heat and add in your lime juice and additional salt & pepper to taste. Serve over rice and top with fresh cilantro and lie wedges for the best results. Enjoy!