I have been on the hunt for a good vegan white chocolate for so long that I finally decided to just make my own. It was all meant to be because it led to these EPIC Vegan White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies! These vegan cookies are so chewy, perfectly sweet, and full of my new addiction, creamy coconut butter.
Chewy Vegan White Chocolate & Macadamia Nut Cookies
I had three major motivations behind creating these cookies.
One: I bought a whole lot of coconut butter and needed to find a good use for it. I figured, maybe coconut butter could replace real butter in cookies if I melt it?
Two: I was very depressed with the vegan white chocolate chip options available. I could only find them on Amazon, and they were pretty expensive and only sold in bulk. Considering I hadn’t tasted the product before, I decided to pass on that option for now.
Three: I just really love macadamia nuts and wanted to bake with them!
The best part? These vegan coconut butter cookies are so easy! As soon as they are mixed together they go straight into the oven, bake, get drizzled with more white chocolate, and get promptly devoured. I actually think these cookies may taste even better the next day. That is…if you can wait that long!
Making Vegan White Chocolate From Scratch
One thing I did want to let you know is that some of the vegan white chocolate chips I made from scratch did not hold their shape when baked. However, even melted into the dough, the homemade chips added such great flavor! What I like to do to make sure I still get enough of that white chocolate taste in each cookie is drizzle the cookies after baking with additional homemade vegan white chocolate. It’s SO good!
If you use store-bought white chocolate chips, I would guess that the chips will hold their shape. However, I did not test the recipe with any chocolate other than my own, so no guarantees!
P.S.- You can buy chocolate chip molds on Amazon or at your local kitchen appliance store, or you can use the hack I did and make them using THIS MOLD. It led to those cute hexagon chips you see in all my pictures and was a much more affordable option!
I seriously hope your weekend plans involve baking these chewy Vegan Coconut Butter, White Chocolate, and Macadamia Nut cookies! They are by far my favorite vegan cookies I have made to date, and are the perfect cookie to bring with you to any outing for a fun vegan treat. Enjoy friends!
Looking for more vegan cookie recipes? Check out these SGTO favorites!Print
The perfect chewy vegan macadamia nut cookie filled with white chocolate chips and made creamy with delicious coconut butter.
Vegan White Chocolate Chips
- 4 oz cocoa butter
- 2 Tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2–1 cup powdered sugar
Macadmia Nut Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut butter (melted)
- 4 Tbsp almond milk (or alternative nut milk)
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax mixed with 3 Tbsp water left to sit for 5-10 minutes)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract/ Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup crushed macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup vegan white chocolate chips (use an additional 4 Tbsp of melted white chocolate to drizzle on the cookies after baking)
Make The Vegan White Chocolate Chips
- Add cocoa butter and cashew butter to a saucepan and melt over low heat using a whisk to combine. It may take 10-15 minutes depending on the size of your cocoa butter chunks as you want them to melt slowly and not burn.
- Once melted, add in the vanilla bean paste and powdered sugar and whisk in until combined. Pour into your chocolate chip mold and add to the freezer until sold (about 1 hour).
Make the Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Once the vegan white chocolate is ready, preheat your oven to 350F. Make your flax egg and set aside.
- Begin by melting your coconut butter and add to a mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar, white sugar, flax egg, vanilla extract, and nut milk to the same mixing bowl and stir until combined. In a separate bowl sift together your dry ingredients including the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add to the mixing bowl with the wet ingredients and stir until a batter is formed.
- Next add your white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts to the batter and gently mix together so that the nuts and chips are evenly distributed in the batter.
- Take out a baking sheet and lightly spray with a cooking spray. Using a cookie dough scoop or your hands, form 14-16 even sized balls and press onto baking sheet so that the cookie balls are flat on top.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Cooking time may vary by oven so I recommend checking your cookies at the 10 minute mark to see how they are doing.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle/coat with additional melted white chocolate. Enjoy!
Keywords: coconut butter cookies, vegan coconut cookies, white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, vegan white chocolate, white chocolate cookies