The BEST Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake recipe! This cookie cake is soft, chewy, & crispy on the edges. Then it gets covered with a thick layer of vegan vanilla buttercream frosting & rainbow sprinkles for the perfect vegan birthday cake!
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold vegan butter
- 1/4 cup organic white sugar ( )
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste/extract
- 1/2–3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (*more or less depending on preference)
- 1/2 cup cold vegan butter
- 1/3 cup vegan shortening
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut cream (*optional- just the cream, not milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste/extract
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp pitaya powder (*optional, to make 1/3 of the frosting pink)
- 2 Tbsp rainbow sprinkles
First, Make the Cookie Dough
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Then, add the all-purpose flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder to a large mixing bowl and sift together. Set aside the bowl.
- Add the cold vegan butter and sugar to a standing mixing bowl. Whip together until creamed for about 5 minutes. Then, add in the flaxseed, almond milk, and vanilla bean paste/extract to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Next, add the bowl of dry ingredients to the standing mixer and mix together until a dough forms. As a final step, add in the chocolate chips and mix by hand to combine.
Bake the Cookie Cake!
- Add the dough to a greased 9″ springform pan and use a spatula or your hands to press the dough flat. Add to the oven and bake for 26-28 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before frosting.
Once Cooled, Make the Frosting
- Begin by adding your vegan butter, shortening, vanilla bean paste/extract, and coconut cream to a large mixing bowl and whip to combine. Once whipped, slowly add in your powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time and whip until a smooth frosting has formed.
- Take the frosting out of the mixing bowl and add 2/3 of the frosting to one bowl and 1/3 of the frosting to another. In the bowl with 1/3 cup frosting, mix in the pitaya powder.
- Cover the cookie cake with a thin layer of the white frosting. Then, add the remaining white frosting and pink frosting to opposite sides of a piping bag and pipe along the outer edge of the cake. As a final step, sprinkle the 2 Tbsp of rainbow sprinkles on top. Cut into 8 slices and enjoy!
*Cake will keep the the fridge up to 1 week. Cake can be frozen up to 1 month, just let the cake defrost at room temperature for 1 hour before eating.
*This cookie cake comes out soft and chewy. For a crispier cookie cake, replace the brown sugar 1:1 with white sugar
*For a chewier cookie cake, substitute the all-purpose flour 1:1 with bread flour
Keywords: vegan cake, vegan cookie cake, chocolate chip cookie cake, vegan chocolate chip cookie cake, cookie cake recipes, homemade cookie cake, vegan buttercream recipe, vegan birthday cake