A delicious and moist homemade stuffing with brussel sprouts, mushrooms, carrots, and leeks. The perfect way to spice the usual basic stuffing recipe!
- 16–20 oz loaf of bread
- 1/4 cup+ 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- 2 cups sliced brussel sprouts
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced leeks
- 1.5 cupsc diced mushrooms
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- fresh thyme (about 1 tsp)
- fresh sage (3-4 leaves, minced)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 1/2–3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- Preheat the oven to 350F and cut the bread into 1 inch square pieces. Add the chopped bread to a sheet pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until the bread is dried out and crispy.
- While the bread is toasting, chop the vegetables. Then, add the butter to a large cast iron skillet. Once the butter has melted, add in the mushrooms and saute for 2-3 minutes. Next, add the brussel sprouts, carrots, and leeks along with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Saute for around 10-15 more minutes until the vegetables are soft and beginning to crisp. Season the vegetables with the fresh thyme and sage by adding them to the skillet in the last minute of cooking.
- Once cooked, pour the toasted bread and sauteed vegetables into the casserole dish and mix together. In a seperate bowl, mix together the ground flaxseed and 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth and pour this mixture into the casserole dish. Stir together until the bread is completely coated and has soaked up most of the liquid. If more vegetable broth is needed, add in about 1/2 cup more.
- Place the casserole dish of stuffing in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until browned on top and moist in the center. Remove from the oven and serve immediately!
*Stuffing Can be Stored in the Fridge for 3-4 days and in the freezer up to 1 month
*Best enjoyed the day of cooking, but can be reheated in the oven or microwave
Keywords: vegan stuffing, easy vegan stuffing, simple vegan stuffing, how to make homemade stuffing, best vegan stuffing, brussel sprout stuffing, vegan holiday stuffing, vegan thanksgiving sides, vegan thanksgiving recipes