The easiest vegan funfetti sugar cookies made with only 7 ingredients. Making delicious vegan cookies has never been more simple!
- 1 1/4 cup pastry flour (or 1 cup+ 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour, 134 grams)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (2 grams)
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles (40 grams)
- 1/2 cup cold salted vegan butter (113 grams- if you only have unsalted butter, add 1/2 tsp salt to the cookie recipe)
- 1/2 cup organic sugar (104 grams)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste (4 grams)
- 1 flax egg *mix 1 tbsp (8 grams) ground flax+3 tbsp water to make
- First, make the flax egg by adding your ground flax and water to a small bowl and setting aside for 5 minutes until thick and gelatinous.
- Add your sugar and cold butter to a mixer and cream together until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Then, add in the flax egg and vanilla extract. Beat all the wet ingredients together for around 10 seconds to mix.
- Add in sifted flour and the baking powder to the mixing bowl containing your wet ingredients. Mix until a thick cookie batter has just formed. Do not overmix or else you will form too much gluten and cookies won’t spread as much. Then, use a spatula or fork to gently mix in the rainbow sprinkles. Add the bowl of dough to the fridge, cover, and let chill for 30 minutes.
- Cover a baking sheet in parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350F. Next, remove the dough from the fridge and use a 1 Tbsp cookie scoop to form your cookie dough and drop onto the baking sheet. Make sure that each cookie is kept about 2 inches apart since they will spread while baking.
- Slightly press each cookie down with your palm before baking (do not flatten all the way). Bake for 12-15 minutes until light brown with soft centers. Once you remove the tray of cookies, lightly tap it on the counter to produce a more “wrinkly” cookie. Then, let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes as the cookies will still soft right out of the oven. Finally, transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling. Once the cookies have cooled, serve and enjoy!
- Cookies will keep in a closed container at room temperature from 2-3 days or in the fridge for 3-5 days. Cookies can also be stored and frozen up to 1 month.
- If you would like a crispier cookie, simply reduce the amount of baking powder in the recipe to 1/4 tsp (1 gram)
- While this recipe calls for pastry flour, simply reduce the amount by 2 Tbsp if you are using all-purpose flour. If you use sub all-purpose flour for pastry flour 1:1 the cookies may not spread enough.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie (1/10 of recipe)
- Calories: 171 calories
- Sugar: 11.3 grams
- Fat: 9.4 grams
- Carbohydrates: 20.4 grams
- Protein: 1.8 grams
Keywords: vegan funfetti cookies, vegan sugar cookies, vegan cookies, best vegan cookies, 7 ingredient cookies, easy vegan cookies, sprinkle cookies, birthday cake cookies