I think it’s about time I present you all with a salad recipe! I promise I don’t eat cookies, scones, and smoothie bowls all week long. Seriously, my weeks are also filled with glorious, topping filled salads like this one. So without further ado, let me introduce you to this beautiful Pistachio, Pomegranate, & Feta Salad paired with a light, slightly sweet, homemade Pomegranate Vinaigrette.
How to Make the Perfect Salted Pistachio Pomegranate, Fig, and Feta Salad
This dish has all the textures and tastes you could possibly want in a salad!
Start with a mix of spinach and arugula for some slightly bitter and peppery undertones. Next, add in dried black mission figs (or fresh if you can find them!), fresh chopped tomatoes, and Turkish dried apricots for added sweetness. Then, add in fresh pomegranate seeds and a homemade dressing made with pomegranate juice, vinegar, and honey to add the perfect amount of tart to the mix. Finally, top the salad with some salted pistachios and fresh greek feta for a perfectly salty finish. Are you Running to the Grocery Store to buy Ingredients for this salad yet?
This recipe was completely inspired by a recent trip I took to Florida where I got to eat at Bha Bha Bistro in Naples, FL. The food was so good and full of amazing Persian flavors, which led to me creating my version of their pomegranate and pistachio spinach salad. Seriously if you are ever in Naples, FL- eat here!
I’m really excited for you all to try the first-ever SGTO salad! Let’s be honest here, it’s the perfect way to balance out all those cookies that have been on the blog lately. I hope you enjoy this healthy Salted Pistachio, Pomegranate, and Fig Salad!
Looking for more Healthy Fall Vegetarian Recipes? Check out these SGTO favorites!Print
A healthy and delicious Fall salad topped with salted pistachios, pomegranate, feta, tomatoes, and a delicious homemade pomegranate dressing!
- 6 cups spinach (loosely packed)
- 4 cups arugula (loosely packed)
- 12–15 dried black mission figs ((or fresh if you can find them!))
- 10 turkish dried apricots (chopped)
- 1/2 cup salted pistachios
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (chopped in half)
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds ((about 1 pomegranate))
- 12 oz feta (broken into chunks)
- 1 tsp dried oregano ((optional- sprinkle on top of feta))
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp 100% pomegranate juice
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt ((more to taste))
- Create your pomegranate vinaigrette by adding your olive oil, pomegranate juice, apple cider vinegar, honey, balsamic vinegar, and salt to a bowl and whisk together until combined. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl add your salad ingredients including the spinach, arugula, figs, dried apricots, salted pistachios, tomatoes, and pomegranate seeds and mix until combined. Once mixed, top with your crumbled Feta. If you would like, add some dried oregano on top of the feta for extra flavor.
- When you are ready to serve, add in your salad dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately. If you plan on saving some salad as leftovers, do not add the dressing to the salad mix and store the dressing and salad mix in separate containers until you are ready to enjoy.
Keywords: pistachio fig salad, fig and feta salad, pomegranate dressing, fall salad recipe