I think it’s about time I present you all with a salad recipe! I promise I don’t eat cookies, scones, and smoothie bowls all week long. Seriously, my weeks are also filled with glorious, topping filled salads like this one. So without further ado, let me introduce you to this beautiful Pistachio, Pomegranate, & Feta Salad paired with a light, slightly sweet, homemade Pomegranate Vinaigrette.
How to Make the Perfect Salted Pistachio Pomegranate, Fig, and Feta Salad
This pomegranate pistachio salad truly has all the textures and tastes you could possibly want in a dish!
Start with a mix of spinach and arugula for some slightly bitter and peppery undertones. Next, add in dried black mission figs (or fresh if you can find them!), fresh chopped tomatoes, and Turkish dried apricots for added sweetness.
Then, add in fresh pomegranate seeds and a homemade dressing made with pomegranate juice, vinegar, and lemon to add the perfect amount of tart to the mix.
Finally, top the salad with some salted pistachios and fresh greek feta for a perfectly salty finish.
Are you running to the grocery store now to pick up these ingredients as you read this??
This recipe was completely inspired by a recent trip I took to Florida where I got to eat at Bha Bha Bistro in Naples, FL. The food was so good and full of amazing Persian flavors, which led to me creating my version of their pomegranate and pistachio spinach salad. Seriously if you are ever in Naples, FL- eat here!
I’m really excited for you all to try this delicious Pomegranate, Pistachio, & Feta Salad. I hope you enjoy this healthy vegetarian salad recipe!
Looking for more Healthy Vegetarian Recipes? Check out these SGTO favorites!
- 4 cups spinach (loosely packed)
- 2 cups arugula (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup sliced dried black mission figs (fresh also works)
- 1/2 cup dried apricots (chopped)
- 1/3 cup salted pistachios
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (chopped in half)
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 6-7 oz feta (broken into chunks)
- 1 tsp dried oregano (optional- sprinkle on top of feta)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp 100% pomegranate juice
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Create your pomegranate vinaigrette by adding your olive oil, pomegranate juice, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice to a bowl and whisking together. Season with salt to your liking and set aside.
- In a larger bowl add your salad ingredients including the spinach, arugula, figs, dried apricots, salted pistachios, tomatoes, and pomegranate seeds. Mix until combined.
- When you are ready to serve, add in your salad dressing and toss to combine. Then, top the salad with the feta and dried oregano. Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you plan on saving some salad as leftovers, do not add the dressing to the salad mix and store the dressing and salad mix in separate containers until you are ready to enjoy.
Salad is best enjoyed the day of, but will keep in the fridge as leftovers for 1 day without any dressing on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 salad
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 609 Total Fat: 19.9gCholesterol: 38mgCarbohydrates: 106gProtein: 13.3g