Grapefruit Simple syrup is mixed with rose water, tequila, grapefruit soda, and ice for the most refreshing cocktail. Finish with a rose petal sugar rim and dried grapefruit slices for the prettiest cocktails you will ever make!
Grapefruit Rose Simple Syrup
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp rose water
To Make One Cocktail
- 1.5 oz tequila
- 1/4 cup grapefruit rose simple syrup (*made above)
- 3/4 cup grapefruit soda
- ice to top
Rose Sugar Rim
- 1 Tbsp dried rose petals (*crushed)
- 2 Tbsp organic sugar
- Begin by making the simple syrup. Add your grapefruit juice, sugar, and rose water to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved completely and the syrup has thickened slightly. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- While the syrup is cooling prepare your rose sugar rim for each glass. Add your organic sugar and crushed dried rose petals to a plate and use a spoon to mix. Then, add a small amount of water to a seperate plate. Take each glass and dip it into the plate with water. Then, dip it into the plate containing the rose petal sugar and twist. Let the sugar rim set for at least 5 minutes before adding in the cocktail ingredients.
- Once the syrup has cooled and the sugar rim is on make your cocktail! Add 1/4 cup of the syrup to each cocktail glass along with 1.5 oz of tequila and 3/4 cup grapefruit soda. Stir to combine and top each cocktail with ice to fill. Enjoy!
Keywords: grapefruit cocktail, rose water cocktails, paloma, paloma recipes, paloma cocktail, tequila cocktails, grapefruit recipes