This Vegetarian and Gluten-Free Tofu Parmesan is paired with a roasted garlic tomato recipe for the best weeknight dinner recipe.
GF Tofu Parmesan
- 12 oz gluten free pasta
- 14 oz firm or extra-firm tofu (cut into long thin slices)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour (1/2 cup quinoa blended)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp himalayan salt (or more)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan
- fresh basil (to top dish)
- First, cut the tofu in half and place between two dish towels or paper-towels to remove any excess moisture from the tofu. Press the tofu for at least 5 minths and then cut each half into long slices. During this time, cook the pasta according to instructions and make the quinoa flour.
- To make the quinoa flour add 1/2 cup quinoa to a blender and blend until it is a fine powder (some chunks are okay). Then, season the quinoa flour with the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Take each tofu slice, dip it in the melted coconut oil to lightly coat, making sure to let any excess coconut oil drip off back into the bowl. Then, dip the tofu into the quinoa flour mix to evenly coat. Add each tofu slice to the baking sheet making sure to leave space between each slice.
- Bake for the tofu for 15-20 minutes on one side. Then, remove the pan, flip the tofu, and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until browned. The tofu will be slightly soft right out of the oven, so let cool on the baking sheet 5 minutes before serving.
- To finish, add desired amount of pasta to your plate, top with garlic roasted tomatoes, 2-3 slices of tofu, parmesan, and fresh basil. Enjoy!
- Tofu parmesan can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days in a closed container. Best enjoyed day of making!
Keywords: tofu parmesan, crispy tofu parmesan, tofu pasta, recipes, pasta with tofu, vegetarian pasta, healthy, gluten-free