Blended rhubarb compote, fresh strawberries, tequila, and lime make these Frozen Strawberry Rhubarb Margaritas so delicious and refreshing!
- 1 cup chopped frozen rhubarb (chopped into 2 inch thick pieces)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2–3 cups ice (*more or less ice depending on preference)
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries (*about 8 strawberries)
- 6 Tbsp rhubarb compote (*made above)
- 3 oz blanco/silver tequila
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice (*about 1 small lime)
- First, make your rhubarb compote. Add your chopped rhubarb, water, and sugar to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook 8-10 minutes until rhubarb is completely soft and beginning to fall apart. Remove from the heat and let cool completely before using. (This recipe makes enough rhubarb compote for 4 margaritas).
- Once the compote is ready, add all of your ingredients to a blender including the ice, fresh strawberries, rhubarb compote, tequila, and lime juice. Blend for 30-60 seconds until completely mixed.
- Pour the frozen margarita into a cocktail glass and top with rhubarb ribbons and fresh strawberries to serve. Enjoy!
Keywords: rhubarb margarita, best frozen margarita, frozen strawberry margarita, strawberry margarita, pretty cocktails, easy fruity cocktails, good cocktails for a party,