Vegan Comfort Food at it’s finest! This Vegan Pasta dish is mixed with a creamy truffle cashew sauce and crispy sauteed mushrooms for a week-night dinner you’ll love!
- 16 oz dried pasta
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp truffle oil
- 1 c cashews (covered in water & soaked for at least 2 hours)
- 1 tsp Truffle Salt (more or less to taste, normal salt is okay but less truffle flavor)
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 c water
- 16 oz mushrooms (button or a mixed variety works great)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter (or sub for oil)
- 1 tsp truffle oil
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (optional but adds a lot of flavor)
- salt to taste
- Before starting don’t forget to soak your cashews for at least 2 hours, though around 6-8 is better!
- Cook your pasta according to instructions on the package. Once cooked, strain and set aside. While pasta is cooking, blend your soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, and truffle oil until a thick paste is formed. Once blended, add salt and water and blend until the paste turns into a thick, creamy sauce.
- Once your sauce is ready, add the vegan butter to a frying pan. Once the butter begins to sizzle, add in the mushrooms, lemon juice, and garlic powder and cook until there is no liquid and mushrooms are beginning to brown. At the end, add salt to your liking. Turn off the heat and top with fresh Thyme and 1 tsp truffle oil to coat.
- Add Mushrooms, Sauce, and Pasta to a serving dish and mix. Top with additional Fresh Thyme/Truffle Oil and Enjoy!
Keywords: vegan comfort food, vegan truffle pasta, mushroom truffle pasta, vegetarian truffle pasta, truffle pasta, cashew cheese sauce, vegan truffle sauce