Looking for an easy and delicious Winter Sangria recipe?! If so, this Cranberry Persimmon Sangria is waiting for you! Making homemade sangria is much easier than you think. Plus, this cranberry cocktail is perfect to serve to a crowd at any Holiday party. As an added bonus for holiday prep, this cranberry sangria is actually best made a few hours ahead of time to truly let the flavors of the cinnamon and persimmons shine through!
Why you will love this white wine holiday sangria
Before we jump into the details of this cocktail, let’s chat about why you will LOVE this Cranberry Persimmon Sangria.
- The persimmons & cinnamon give this white wine sangria the PERFECT spicy kick.
- Also, this cocktail requires only 7 ingredients! No crazy liqueurs, no need to make a simple syrup- just easy and delicious ingredients!
- Best of all, this cranberry cocktail is just GORGEOUS! Thin slices of persimmon and fresh cranberries give this cocktail the perfect pop of color. Not to mention, the optional (but highly recommended) sugared rosemary garnish makes this sangria a true show stopper!
How to make homemade cranberry sangria
This cranberry persimmon cocktail recipe contains only seven ingredients and is actually best made ahead of time. In fact, there are really only two simple steps needed to make this homemade holiday sangria.
First- Prepare the Alcohol & Fruit to Soak.
As a first step, add the white wine, vodka, sliced persimmon, cinnamon stick, and fresh cranberries to a large pitcher. Then, let soak for at least 1 hour to infuse the alcohol.
The real reason I love making homemade sangria is that I can easily make it ahead of time in one pitcher! I recommend soaking the fruit with the wine, cinnamon, & vodka 1-4 hours before you plan to drink the sangria. Letting the fruit soak truly brings out the best flavor. If you’re in a rush, just 20 minutes of soaking time should be enough to get the cranberry, persimmon, and cinnamon flavors infused into the sangria.
What White Wine is Best for Sangria?
Last summer I made a Peach Strawberry & Cherry Sangria with white wine. Through that recipe, I learned that the best wine for sangria tends to be a drier white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, or Pinot Grigio. For that reason, I used Pinot Grigio in this recipe and it was perfect!
Second- Add in the Sparkling Cider & Ice When Ready to Serve!
Once you are ready to serve the cranberry sangria, add in the sparkling cider. Don’t add the sparkling cider too far in advance or that delightful fizz will fade. For the ice, either add it to the large pitcher or top off each individual glass with a scoop of ice. I prefer to add the ice to each individual glass so it does not water down the sangria and makes the cocktail fresh and cold.
If you are bringing this sangria to a party I recommend adding the sparkling cider to the pitcher right before heading over. Then, all you have to do is bring over one container and add the ice right before serving!
What is sparkling cider?
Sparkling cider is actually just carbonated apple juice! It’s super sweet and has a nice soda-like mouthfeel. For this recipe, I used Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider which I found at my local grocery store.
Can I make my own homemade sparkling cider?
If you are unable to find sparkling cider at a store near you- it’s possible to make a homemade alternative. Simply mix 2 cups of apple juice or apple cider with 1 cup of club soda or soda water. When using unfiltered apple cider, expect the cocktail to look much darker than what you see pictured here. On the other hand, apple juice should lead to a cocktail only slightly darker in color than what is pictured.
Again, I still recommend using Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider for this cocktail for it to taste as intended. However, I hope these options help those of you unable to find this brand!
How to make a sugared rosemary garnish
While this step is optional, it really adds SO much festive cheer to this cranberry persimmon cocktail! I will fully admit my candied rosemary is always a little bit messy because I am beyond impatient. However, here are the quick steps to make the perfect homemade sugared rosemary:
- Combine 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar completely dissolves. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in 4-6 rosemary sprigs. Let soak for 30 seconds in the syrup.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the rosemary from the pan. Add to a wire rack for about 10 minutes to let any excess sugar drip off. Make sure to save any excess simple syrup- add it to the sangria for a sweeter cocktail or even save it to flavor your morning coffee!
- Next, add an additional 1/2 cup of sugar to a small plate and roll the rosemary in the sugar until well coated. Add more sugar if necessary!
- Place the sugared sprigs on a new sheet of parchment paper or back on the wire rack. Then, let dry for 15-30 minutes before adding as a cocktail garnish.
If you’re planning to serve these cranberry cocktails with sugared rosemary, it can even be made 24 hours in advance! Simply make the sugared rosemary, layer between sheets of parchments paper in a closed container, and store in the fridge. When you are ready to serve, remove the sugared rosemary and place a sprig on each cocktail.
The best cranberry persimmon holiday sangria!
Whether this Cranberry Persimmon Sangria is joining you at Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, or even New Years Eve- it is sure to be a hit! If you want to WOW your guests even further, pair this cocktail with these Vegan Gingerbread Skillet Cookies (YUM!). I hope you love this easy and festive persimmon cocktail recipe!
Looking for more Cocktail Recipes? Check out these SGTO Fan Favorites!Print
This simple and festive cocktail recipe requires only 7 ingredients and makes the perfect festive Holiday cocktail!
Cranberry Persimmon Cocktail:
- 1 Bottle of White Wine (25 oz/ 750 ml)
- 2 oz vodka (1/4 cup)
- 2 persimmons (about 2 cups thinly sliced)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (not dried)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 Bottle of Martinelli’s Sparking Cider (25 oz/750 ml)
- Crushed Ice to Top (2+ cups)
- Add the white wine, vodka, cranberries, sliced persimmon, and cinnamon stick to a large pitcher. Let soak for 1-4 hours before servings.
- When you are ready to serve, remove the cinnamon stick and discard. Then, add in the sparkling cider and stir to mix the sangria.
- Fill up 4 cocktail glasses with the sangria and then top each glass with 1/2 cup ice. Garnish with optional sugared rosemary or a sugared rim!
- Sangria tastes best after 1-4 hours of soaking to get the fruit flavor infused into the wine and vodka.
- Instructions on how to make the sugared rosemary garnish are in the blog post above
- To make a simple sugar rim, place a small amount of water into a shallow bowl (about 2 Tbsp) and fill a plate with 1/2 cup sugar. Dip the rim of the glass into the water and then dip that same glass into the plate of sugar and twist around. Let the glass with the sugar rim sit for at least 2 minutes to harden before adding in the cocktail.
Keywords: cranberry sangria, holiday sangria, white wine sangria, cranberry cocktail, holiday cocktail, cranberry cocktail holiday, homemade sangria, winter sangria, persimmon cocktail, cranberry persimmon sangria