An easy 10-ingredient vegan fried rice with edamame & furikake seasoning. This fried rice is SO easy, SO delicious, and a weeknight dinner staple.
- 3 cups white rice ( If using short grain rice it is 1 1/2 cups of uncooked rice & 2 cups water needed to cook this rice)
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1/2 onion)
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh peas
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh carrots (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh shelled edamame
- 2 Tbsp furikake seasoning (optional, as topping)
- 2 Tbsp green onions (optional, as topping)
- First, cook the rice according to package instructions. You will need 3 cups of cooked white rice total. Rice can also be made the day before and is actually better if cold and refrigerated!
- Once the rice is has been cooked, prep the rest of the ingredients including chopping all the vegetables and whisking together the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and sugar to form a thin sauce.
- Next, add the vegan butter to a wok and turn on the heat. Once the butter has melted and the wok is hot, add in the onion and cook for 2 minutes on high heat until translucent. Then, add in the rest of the vegetables (edamame, peas, carrots), and cook another 2 minutes.
- Next, add in the stir fry sauce and cooked white rice and stir fry for another 2-3 minutes . Make sure to stir to evenly mix in the sauce and break up any rice clumps that may form.
- Remove the fried rice from the heat and serve immediately. Top with furikake seasoning or sliced green onions for extra flavor. Enjoy!
- Fried rice can be stored in a closed container in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 weeks. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop until warm throughout.
Keywords: vegan fried rice, without egg, with vegetables, edamame, no egg, vegetarian fried rice, homemade, at home, better than takeout